Payroll Transactions Analyst
Payroll Transactions Analyst: What you’ll be doing...
The Payroll Transactions Analyst position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of employee transactions and payments related to sickness, short term disability, workers' compensation absences, time reporting (including such items as overtime, differentials, on call pay), special pay, deductions, taxes and earnings. The role demonstrates an understanding of the payroll processing tools (ERP, HR and Payroll, and time reporting) and the ability to use these appropriately to perform their tasks supporting the record keeping of New Hires, Terminations, Military Pay, Special Pay, Deductions, Tax, Garnishment, Time Reporting, Short Term Disability, and Banking transactions.
This Payroll Transactions Analyst must understand the principles of entering; editing and maintaining payroll transactions within the HRMS/Payroll Processing system, manually, and time system to ensure all employees are paid both timely and accurately. Also, demonstrates a fundamental understanding of the end-to-end payroll processes and operations, including a thorough knowledge of local, state, federal and /or country tax requirements, wage and pay practices, schedules and key performance indicators that support the operation.
· Input, initiate and update employee payroll transaction directly to payroll and time systems meeting payroll schedule to ensure employees are paid on time.
· Assist in gathering, deriving and processing inputs to the payroll and time system to support the gross to net calculation for exempt, non-exempt and union/associate employees.
· Apply knowledge of local, state, federal and /or country tax requirements and wage and pay practices to ensure pay is accurate.
· Produce accurate and effective information using simple queries and reporting tools (e.g., minimal table joins, and conditional clauses needed).
· Perform detailed verification, review and preparation of payroll updates as required from vendor interface files, self-service or manual updates. Defined processing timeline schedules must be achieved to ensure the timely and accurate recording of all employee transactions.
· Prepare and process payroll updates as required from time interface files, daily change registers or manual updates.
· Validate union pay and other various special pay processing.
· Support internal and external audit compliance.
· Seek out continuous process efficiencies or improvements.
· Understand the end-to-end functional processes as well as how the functional processes integrate with the overall end-to-end payroll processes.
· Work to support the team to improve the business through technology enhancements, standardization, and simplified processes.
· Respond to employee inquires
· Generally, works under existing standards and procedures; requires minimal interpretation.
· Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations requires a review of identifiable factors.
· Create and update employee on-cycle pay lines, off-cycle and online check processes.
· Work within a shared services team supporting transactional volumes amongst peers.
· Provide assistance in developing process documentation for payroll system transactions.
· Identify and communicate process improvements as identified in the normal performance of daily functional activities.
Payroll Transactions Analyst: What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
· Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
· Experience in HRMS/Payroll Processing/Timekeeping system applications.
· Experience with end-to-end payroll processing.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Payroll Transactions Analyst: Even better if you have…
· A degree.
· Certified Payroll Professional certification.
· Knowledgeable on Core HR and Payroll data elements.
· Knowledge of local, state, federal and /or country tax requirement and wage and pay practices.
· Finance Operations experience, preferably Payroll.
· Strong Customer Service skills (both oral and written).
· General understanding of required compliance with legal, regulatory, and financial requirements governing functional tasks and activities.
· Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi task, support high volume of day to day activities.
· Knowledge of payroll practices, policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to work in shared service environment, balance work volume, meet processing timelines.
· Flexibility with scheduling to meet processing demands, as required.
· Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and attention to detail.
· Good quantitative, organizational and analytical skills.
· Possesses strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Proven ability to communicate to Supervisor and Manager levels.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
· Team oriented individual who interacts and supports team members and team building.
· Proven ability to manage large work volumes, show flexibility, adapts easily to change.
Payroll Transactions Analyst: When you join...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. This is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future with us.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.