To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 8 months ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Rockwell Collins is seeking experienced System Engineers to join their team in Richardson, TX for their mission systems software.
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for the U.S. military, to support airborne platforms and ground based systems across multiple programs. We looking for dynamic System engineer in the Richardson, TX or surrounding area, to participate key software lifecycle development activities, including the design, development and integration testing of Radio communication, mission systems software. So if you have experience as a Systems Engineer with the ability to get a DOD clearance or have had clearance in the last 24 months, we would like to talk to you! Please Apply!
Rockwell Collins is holding a Hiring Event in the Richardson, TX area on January 17th for System Engineers. These are fulltime, direct hire positions. Upon successful completion of a phone interview, you may be invited to interview directly with hiring managers at this event. Hiring managers will be prepared to make offers at the end of the interview day. We have multiple positions open, so feel free to forward this to any one you know who may also be interested!
As a Systems Engineer you will be:
- Capture, analyze, decompose, and develop requirements for systems, product or sub-systems of complexity
- Contribute to the development of functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware and software implementation. Contribute to architecturally significant requirements and technical risk area identification
- Perform trade studies and make value-engineering decisions. Defining system architecture and interfaces between internal and external systems
- Ensure adherence to and support of Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project deliverables within schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- Problem solving in a team setting
- Come to consensus oriented solutions, and results based solutions
- Perform systems engineering analyses including requirement analysis and derivation, CONOPs development, architecture definition, interface definition, system level design, product integration and requirement validation and verification
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) Discipline or equivalent experience
- US Citizen
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain US DoD Secret clearance
- 1 plus years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of systems/software lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, and validation/verification
- Knowledge of Requirements Management Tool(DOORS, JAMA, etc) and modeling language(SYSML, UML, etc)
- The ability to interview in Richardson, TX on January 17th
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop a system Concept of Operations (CONOPs)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, design, and document internal & external system interfaces (ICDs)
- Experience with system architecture & design, trade studies, and system integration, verification & validation
- Strong communications, organization, planning and writing skills: technical & management
- Ability to work in a team environment that includes systems and/or software engineers, managing time & resources, as demonstrated by successful execution experience.
- Commitment to on-schedule task completions and to producing high quality work products
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Agile, Spiral, and Waterfall development methodologies & concepts as demonstrated by successful execution