To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2013 H Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20006
- Ellen Greenwood
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
BroadFutures • Washington, DC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
In just four years, BroadFutures is revolutionizing the way young people with learning disabilities enter the workforce. The need is great – approximately 1 in 5 Americans, or 20 percent of the U.S. population, have learning disabilities and 45 percent of these adults are unemployed. BroadFutures is working to disrupt the status quo by providing internships which foster independence, self-advocacy, and successful employment. Paid transitional employment is one of the strongest predictors of positive post-school outcomes for youth with disabilities.
In this newly created role as the Program Director, you will report to the CEO and be responsible for the coordination, management, and administration of our program. You will oversee two assistants and work with our service providers including our Director of Program Support and Executive Functioning Coach and others to ensure successful program delivery. This position is ideal for a creative thinker who is comfortable and motivated by working in a nimble, versatile organization, is mission driven, and open to new perspectives. The ideal candidate will have both program management experience and a passion for working with young adults with learning disabilities.
This is an exciting time to join our team. You will have latitude to set up processes and systems for day-to-day operations which will provide efficiency and uniformity. Your work will vary from program logistics, recruitment of participants and employers, communications, fundraising, and even some event planning. As our program grows, we will look to you to help develop and implement a strategy for expansion. Your management of the program will allow the CEO to focus her time on expanding relationships and growing the organization.
As the only program of its kind in the country, our participants are placed into paid internships designed to provide exposure and experience in a professional work environment. And since our internships are specifically constructed to provide meaningful and economic value to both intern and employer, employers’ needs are identified and correlated with the education, experience, skills, and interest of our interns. In addition to gaining a capable, committed, and diverse workforce, employers derive additional benefits through their commitment: 72 percent of consumers say they would recommend a brand that supports a good cause and are more likely to discuss the good deeds that a company does rather than their financial performance.
Our highly successful model incorporates innovative and holistic training and mentoring for adults between the ages of 18 and 26. The 9 -13 week program combines speech pathology and drama to deliver a curriculum which incorporates role-play, improvisation, and creative scene development. Yoga and mindfulness are integrated to address stress reduction and tolerance. The result is motivated, confident, resilient, and skilled individuals who successfully return to school or work.
Responsibilities of the Program Director
- Work with leadership to oversee and assist with the management and successful delivery of the overall program and its day-to-day activities.
- Assist with managing and supporting both interns and employer partners throughout the program to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Coordinate and manage the training program, including securing units of training, service providers, outside presenters, and activities, as well as communication and coordination with interns, parents, and employers.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, and assessment of appropriate participants.
- Manage and administer the onboarding process for participants.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of employer partners.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate and innovative curriculum to enhance and further the goals of the existing curriculum.
- Attend networking and development events on behalf of BroadFutures.
Qualifications of the Program Director
- University degree in the area of transition, education, special education, psychology, or social work.
- Five years’ experience providing services and working with young adults with learning or attentional issues desirable.
- Program management experience.
- Excellent organizational, logistics, and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to find creative solutions to challenges as they arise.
Attributes of the Program Director
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Results driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You are a self-starter capable of creating processes to turn ideas into reality. You are able to easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You consistently achieve the desired results.
- Customer oriented. Internal and external stakeholders respect you for your knowledge and abilities, and find you both approachable and responsive.
- Collaborative. You work well through others to clarify needs, build consensus, identify trends, and gather support for action. You demonstrate the ability to understand the needs of an organization. You are able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations. You share information and you work cooperatively at all levels.
- Business minded. You identify and analyze needs. You have the ability to "come up to speed" quickly. You dive into the details, ask intelligent questions, and understand the constraints other people face. You like learning new things.
- Curious. You ask questions, listen, and learn – always thinking of more productive ways of doing things. You notice trends and ask why.
- Great communicator and listener. You have excellent oral and written communication. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner. You are articulate and thoughtful, and you communicate your points easily. You take the time to learn what's valuable and important to others.
- Highly organized. You have excellent organizational skills. You efficiently track the necessary details and effectively disseminate information.
What’s Attractive to the Right Program Director Candidate?
- Your work will have a direct impact on the success of BroadFutures and its participants.
- We are a small organization where you will have the opportunity to work directly with the founder, get quick approval for your ideas, and move into action.
- We are poised to scale and expand our program over the next couple of years and intend to replicate our model in other urban areas.
- Our staff is enthusiastic and motivated by the mission.
- Our board is engaged and supportive.
- Work environment and hours are flexible with the ability to work remotely.
- We offer an excellent benefits package to include four weeks paid time off and nine paid holidays. Health insurance is available and provided upon request.
To Apply for the Program Director position with BroadFutures:
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Program Director, program manager, program director, senior program associate, counselor, career placement, intern coordinator, social justice, social work, social worker, social justice, counselor, counseling, psychology, program manager, program director, intern, internship, LD, learning disability, learning disabled, program officer, student placement, learning disabled, LD, intellectually disabled, ID, internship, mental health, IDP, job coach, disabilities, individuals with disabilities, disabilities and learning skills specialist, disability inclusion, career services, counseling, disability awareness, disability employment resources, disability inclusion, disability inclusive workplace, disability services, diversity, employer, employer partner, employment, employment law, employment opportunities, intern placement, intern, internship, job placement, job readiness, rehabilitation, social work, special education, student placement, transition, transitional employment, vocational , work-to-hire, workforce development, workforce support, workplace accessibility, career assessment, ADHD, attention deficit, autism spectrum, college students, disabled, executive function, incarcerated, inclusion, LD, learning disabled, learning disability, learning disabled, mental health, prison, social justice, veterans, IEP, 504, relationship building , recruit, recruitment, scale, found, founder, implement, implementation, goals, action items, service providers, connect, network, bridge, connect, mentor, coach, employer relationships, partner, government partner, project management, program management, implemented, start up, program delivery, program logistics, recruit, recruitment, mentor network, social engagement, supervisory, supervise, metrics, social worker, counselor, program manager/director/officer, program associate, career placement, intern coordinator, WISA, university disability support, program director, program manager, program director, senior program director, senior program manager, ADHD, attention deficit, learning disability, learning disable, social work, special education, LD.