To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10315 Dupont Circle Drive West
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
- Michelle Maravilla
- Phone: 219-755-6120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Originator
Centier Bank • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for soliciting referral sources to get mortgage loans, providing information during inquiries, and ultimately, if appropriate, inviting the client to make a mortgage loan application. When making a mortgage loan application this position interviews mortgage loan applicants in a friendly and efficient manner by securing an application and all supporting documents for submission to loan processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sales calls on realtors, builders, and other pertinent parties for the purpose of soliciting mortgage loans, developing banking relationships, and cross-selling services.
- Interview loan applicants to document income, debt, credit history, employment, and general information.
- Request and review documents such as income tax returns, W-2’s, purchase agreements, legal descriptions, forms for verification, and all other documents necessary to properly process an application.
- Determine if applicants meet established standards or what additional information might be necessary for further consideration.
- Inform applicants of all costs and closing fees associated with the loan request.
- Submit completed loan applications and all supporting documents to loan processing to begin processing of the loan.
- Call applicants to resolve discrepancies such as derogatory credit, unlisted debt or any other issue.
- Inform loan applicants of loan approval or denial.
- Participate in all scheduled meetings deemed necessary by management.
- Communicate open and honestly with all bank associate’s including management and with clients and potential clients.
- Meet production goals on a monthly basis.
- Report monthly number of sales calls made.
- Attend loan closings.
- Understand and adhere to all bank and government regulations, rules, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to operations and compliance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in personal development activities such as BVS courses and internal/external training to assist in growing in career.
- Represent the bank in community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge in a Windows environment and working with a mouse. Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to build relationships and leverage the reputation of him/herself and the Bank.
- Ability to review a variety of resources including financial related information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred.
- Previous mortgage lending/origination experience preferred.
- Sales experience and success is preferred.
Centier Bank is home to a unique tradition of service. Since 1895, Centier Bank has been a family-owned and managed financial service provider. As a family owned bank, we stand firmly behind our "Not For Sale" commitment, pledging to our associates, clients, and the communities we serve that we will continue to preserve independent hometown banking throughout Indiana. Our award-winning company has been named among the Top ‘Best Places to Work’ in Indiana and Top ‘Best Banks to Work For’ in the US!
An equal opportunity employer, Centier is currently looking for mortgage lending professionals who are seeking career enhancement, longevity, and have an affinity for world-class service.