To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 World Trade Center
Long Beach, CA 90802
- Tim Lovette
- Phone: 562-216-7440
- Phone:: 562-684-0305
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
American Corporate Security, Inc. • Long Beach, CA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current files.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Assists in maintaining current Leave of Absence documentation.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by Office or HR Managers.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age or older;
A Bachelors Degree
OR one to two years experience in a Human Resources Department OR any similar combination of education and experience;
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources;
- Experience with an HRIS and ATS database preferred;
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures;
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance;
To perform the jub successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and should gather and analyze information skillfully;
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to maintain confidentiality, must remain open to others' ideas and must exhibit willingness to try new things;
- Oral Communication - Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative solutions, must demonstrate group presentation skills and conduct meetings;
- Written Communication - Must edit work for spelling and grammar, must present numerical data effectively and must be able to read and interpret written information;
- Planning/Organizing - Ability to priortize and plan work activities, must use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans;
- Quality Control - Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality;
- Adaptability - Must adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Dependability - Must consistently report to work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance;
- Safety and Security - Must actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to clearly read, write, and speak English;
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret important security related documents;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, employees, and management team.
- Basic mathematical skills, including but not excluding addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical solutions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedure.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to frequently walk to employee workareas and other workareas;
- Requires close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus;
Requires the ability to work in a work environment where there is moderate to extreme noise;
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Must be able to routinely climb stairs and operate elevators;
- Repetitive use of hands;
- Use of sight, including viewing computer monitors or camera monitors for long periods of time;
- Use of sound, including occasional conditions of high levels of noise;
- Requires extensive use of keyboard involving repetitive motions with fingers, sitting for prolonged periods of time, and extensive use of the telephones/radios and face-to-face communication that requires accurate perception of speech as well as talking and hearing.