To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2323 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Routing Specialist
Des Moines Public Schools • Des Moines, IA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join our team and help us safely transport thousands of students to and from school every day! The Transportation Routing Specialist provides daily support to the director of transportation in guiding and directing the activities of the transportation department. Coordinate district bus routes to ensure prompt, safe, and timely scheduling of district transportation. Supervise, provide training, and direct the work of transportation department staff. This position requires independent judgment and decision making on a regular basis.
1. Develop, design, and coordinate bus routes for district buses using routing software.
2. Maintain database that includes student, boundary and transportation information.
3. Communicate with bus drivers, school administrators and staff on all routing changes.
4. Coordinate with other department staff to ensure that routes and trips are adequately staffed and that equipment is available as required.
5. Supervise employees, participates in disciplinary and evaluation processes.
6. Design and provide oversight on routing to ensure that transportation efficiencies are in place.
7. Use database to access student busing information and relay information to drivers, staff and public.
9. Communicate with school administrators, staff, parents and drivers regarding student management issues.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (for every DMPS position):
1. Attend work on a prompt and regular basis.
2. Maintain confidentiality.
3. Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with the public, students, and other employees.
4. Assist with other duties as may be assigned.
1. High School Diploma, HiSET or GED.
2. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
3. Experience working with computerized databases/applications.
4. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a medium-size organization.
5. Works under deadlines in a fast paced environment, effectively communicating timely and accurate information and making decisions.
6. Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness to acquire these skills.
1. Post High School education or training.
2. Routing experience with Edulog or other routing software.
3. Knowledge of the city of Des Moines and school locations.
ADDITIONALLY REQUIRED (for every DMPS position):
Competency working in a culturally diverse environment, or the willingness to acquire these skills.