To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4334 Daentl Road
Madison, Wisconsin, WI 53532
- Phone: (608) 249-5301, ext. 125
- Phone:: (608) 249-6913 Attn: HR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Welder & Semi-Trailer/Truck Mechanic
Madison, Wisconsin, WI
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welder/Heavy Duty Semi-Trailer Service Technician reports to:
Service Manager, Assistant Service Manager, and Shop foreman
North Central Utility of Wisconsin is a growing multi-location 40 year old company. We are a leading distributor of semi-trailers, and offer full parts and service departments with locations in WI, MN, and ND. We provide solutions to the transportation industry. All work assignments are performed in accordance with D.O.T. requirements and industry standards.
North Central Utility is seeking Welder/Semi-Trailer-Truck Mechanic(s) for the Madison/DeForest, WI location.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform all types of welding (i.e.- aluminum, mild steel and stainless steel) this will be done with a Mig, or Arc welder.
- Peform repairs and modifications on all styles of trailers as assigned
- Maintain allocated time frame on all repairs and modifications
- Contribute to the work assignment from acquired experience and knowledge
- Diagnose and make recommendations on repairs as required
- Attend training seminars as required
- Operate a forklift and standard transmission vehicle
- The trailer mechanic will perform all work assigned within the allocated time and will maintain established company quality standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have heavy duty trailer mechanic and welding experience as well as knowledge and skill using various welders and tools required in making all types of repairs on all types of semi-trailers.
- All work will be documented
- Documentation includes recording all work processes
- All work will be performed in a professional manner in accordance with Company standards
- Be ready to work at the start of the shift
- All work will be performed in accordance with government laws, regulations, and ordinances
- Be helpful and considerate to co-workers and customers
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and rules of conduct
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Supply required tools according to Company request
- Dress appropriately
- We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, encompassing group health, dental and vision insurance; basic Life, Short-Term Disability and AD&D; as well as participation a Flexible Spending Program.
- We also provide a generous 401(k) Plan; fully vested within 5-years.
- We demonstrate a consistent focus on customer satisfaction and continued success as a leader in the semi-trailer dealership industry, second to none.
- We take pride in our staff’s outstanding teamwork, excellent knowledge and skills, as well as longevity with North Central Utility
If you meet the required education and experience qualifications, have a strong customer focus with a desire to succeed, please apply today!
Please include a cover letter of introduction and your resume with your application.