To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spartanburg, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Specialist-Health Care
LTC Health Solutions • Spartanburg, SC
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cleans, disinfects and sterilizes machinery, tools, and medical equipment. Repairs, calibrates, and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in the health care delivery field. Compiles records concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Cleans and disinfects and maintains equipment in a timely manner.
- Disposes of soiled or contaminated supplies, per infection control policies.
- Follows all infection control procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) while handling contaminated or potentially contaminated equipment and/or supplies.
- Follows all disinfectant/sterilizing agent manufacturers’ use instructions and safety precautions.
- Keeps cleaning area free from contamination and in compliance with infection control policies and/or procedures.
- Properly labels and covers cleaned equipment.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and diluted acids, per manufacturers’ label instructions.
- Performs functional checks on cleaned equipment.
- Inspects and repairs company’s medical and related technical equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspects and repairs patient/customer’s medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repairs, calibrates, and maintains equipment.
- Tests medical equipment and the company’s structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
- Documents all cleaning, disinfection, functional checks and repair work on appropriate forms and maintains all documentation in an orderly manner.
- Consults with staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely.
- Assembles medical equipment per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains an adequate supply of repair parts.
- Demonstrates and explains correct operation of equipment to staff.
- Maintains warehouse by cleaning, general housekeeping, keeping it free of obstacles and/or debris and in an orderly manner.
- Maintains work area and tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- As necessary assists Delivery Drivers in preparing, loading and unloading trucks/vans.
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into the computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Keeps back orders file in an established sequence and releases back orders for issue or shipment as stock becomes available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS continued
- Compiles stock control records and information such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions, to determine stock supply and the need for replenishment.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning of new or additional stock items to be submitted to ordering supervisor.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes, and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify accuracy of requisitions and received shipping orders.
- Reviews files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess stock.
- When instructed to dispose of expired stock, excess stock or non-functional equipment detailed documentation (i.e. lot or serial number, brand, size/amount, etc.) will be submitted to Director of Operations.
- Participates in Improvement of Operational Performance (IOP) activities.
- Participates in traditional and e-learning programs.
- Works effectively with other company employees, managers, and departments.
- Performs all job functions with Company Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements in mind.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Certificate, and Licensure
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must demonstrate proficient ability and practical knowledge of computers, software, and products applicable to the industry. Additionally, the applicant is expected to demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental program structure (Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements) and department policies and procedures. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, and have the ability to demonstrate effective time management skills while working independently with minimal supervision.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities or authority.
Must demonstrate proficient ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic algebra and geometry to such tasks as calculating figures and amounts, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume to practical situations.
As a Warehouse Specialist with LTC DME, you will be part of an established and well-regarded faith-based organization dedicated to providing quality care through the virtues of kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. We are also committed to your professional development, and will provide you with ample opportunity for training and growth through our Agapé University program as well as other continuing education offerings. As we have locations throughout the state of South Carolina, you will also find plenty of room for advancement within our organization, making this a wonderful long-term career path for you. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation that includes benefits.
Your benefits package as an employee may include (dependent upon employment status):
· Competitive Salary
· Career ladder which includes continuing education and apprenticeship opportunities
· Mileage reimbursement
· Health, dental, and vision coverage
· Health Savings Account w/ company match
· Supplemental insurance policies
· 401(k) w/ company match up to 4% of annual salary
· Personal time off up to 2 weeks during the first year
· Flexible hours and schedule