To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Deerfield, IL
- Gaurav Mittal
- Phone: (248) 383-1537
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Data Architect Advisor
ICONMA • Deerfield, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Deerfield, IL
Duration: 6 months
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed. Responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Provides guidance on data architecture matters. Ensures that industry-accepted data architecture principles, standards, guidelines and concepts are integrated with those of allied disciplines and coordinated roll-out and adoption strategies are in place. Implements programs to achieve competitive advantage. Oversees enterprise-wide modeling efforts. Stays apprised of best practices for physical design for at least two major Database Management Systems platforms on the technology tool stack and ensures this knowledge is reflected in work practice documentation. Ensures cross-team collaborations are in place to support an integrated approach to sharing across technical disciplines. Ensures that a governance process is in place to support effective modeling tool usage. Develops a formal portfolio of data architecture services. Ensures Data Architecture work is part of the overall process of developing concepts, defining formal projects, planning and initiation of projects. Requires a BA/BS degree in related field; 7 years of data management experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. MS/MA degree preferred. Data modeling experience required.
Required skill sets, experiences, or methodologies:
- Utilize technical skills to design, develop, test and deploy technical solutions in a highly conversational OLTP environment.
- Serve as a technical lead for database-centric software development projects of moderate to high complexity
- Perform hands-on software development and design while serving as a project lead for one – three developers
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously; escalate conflicts and project blockers to the Manager in a timely manner prior to becoming late
- Conduct SQL code walk-thru of database solutions to ensure adherence to the business requirements; quality, company standards and procedures; ensuring scalable solutions
- Provide senior level problem-solving skills to resolve issues, assess system impacts and recommend technical solutions
- Effectively communicate with users, cross-functional teams, management and other coworkers in both verbal and written form
- Able to work seamlessly both independently and within a team structure
- Work effectively with analysts to ensure requirements are clearly defined and communicated for development projects
- Create and update task checklists for assigned projects
- Independently provide time and resource estimates for assigned projects
- Follow established company and department standards and best practices
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Other duties as defined by Management
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of recent experience in deep hands-on development experience in a highly concurrent and responsive OLTP application.
- Minimum of seven years' experience with all phases of enterprise database design and development with a major RDBMS (Sybase, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle or MySQL)
- Strong hands-on experience in SQL Development for highly concurrent and responsive OLTP applications
- Experience in relational database design, data analysis, data modeling and performance tuning.
- Experience with version control systems like SVN or TFS
- Experience with agile software delivery using automated deployment tools like Urban code
- Ability to lead projects, coordinate across multiple groups to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and authoring skills.
- Experience with database consolidation and integration projects, specifically focused on healthcare data desired.
- Experience developing and designing database objects and schemas
- Proven analytical skills interpreting and implementing business and functional requirements
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise-scale applications
- Solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills that enable cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience leading small-to-medium size technical teams on database-centric software development projects
- Demonstrated experience utilizing SDLC methodologies, including waterfall/agile/scrum A Plus
- Experience in the Health Care industry is a plus.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, Perl, UNIX shell, PowerShell
- .Net or Java experience is a plus
Nice to Have
General Business Skills
BA/BS Degree or Equivalent Experience