To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2700 Corporate Drive
Ft. Dix, NJ
- Angela Sessions
- Phone: 2059799966
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Energy Engineer (REM)
Sain Engineering Associates, Inc. • Ft. Dix, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Sain Engineering Associates, Inc. (Sain) is seeking proven Energy Management Professionals to work full-time on-site at Ft. Dix as a Resource Efficiency Manager (REM). SEA is a consulting engineering firm established in 1988 specializing in energy efficiency of existing facilities. Led by a consummate team of internationally acclaimed engineers, SEA challenges the brightest and most creative individuals in the energy services industry by providing an entrepreneurial environment that embraces initiative, innovation and results. Our charter consists of three simple and equally critical objectives: 1) Serve Our Clients, 2) Fulfill Our People, and 3) Manage Our Business. Visit www.saineng.com for more details.
This position performs a wide spectrum of energy engineering functions working on various energy management projects, and in support of our nationwide Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) program.
- The primary focus areas will be:
- Energy / water / resource efficiency project feasibility analysis
- Measurement & verification of savings
- Alternative financing project facilitation
- Supply-side cost reduction
- Energy awareness promotion
- O&M efficiency enhancement
- New technology utilization, especially involving renewable energy sources
The REM shall work towards accomplishing these goals by:
Supporting facility repair and construction activities
Providing design review comments
Project management support
Identification of energy savings projects
Construction coordination and oversight
Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) projects
Utility Energy Services Contract (UESC) projects
Energy Conservation Investment Program (ECIP) projects
An active Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or shall provide evidence of CEM certification within one year of being hired as a REM.
- The REM must possess one of the following:
- 4 year engineering degree (preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering) from an accredited institution and/or Professional Engineering License with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy management.
- An Environmental Science, Business or related degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in energy management
- A two-year technical degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in energy management
- A non-degreed with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in energy management.
- A U.S citizenship is required as well as a obtaining a secret clearance.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
Effectively communicate thoughts, both in writing and orally
Work independently and proactive in achieving complex technical objectives.
Effective interpersonal skills
Ability to work with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and energy analysis programs, such as Trane Trace, HAP, E-Quest, etc.
Develop and implement an energy awareness program for federal installations or private sector facilities