To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Field Service Technician
Signode Industrial Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve customer complaints and cooperate with in plant personnel
- Examine equipment and determine needed services, or repairs.
- Provide customer training on proper use of equipment.
- Accurately evaluate both mechanical and electrical problems and implement the needed repairs.
- Manage schedules and assignments for work activities, based on customer needs, work priority, calls from our customer service center and available resources.
- Examine equipment, analyze inspection reports and consult with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Maintain, repair, and overhaul machinery as needed
- Connect to and change PLC code provided by engineering for Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SLC’s and Siemens.
- Disassemble defective machines for repair at the customer location, using hand tools.
- Work closely with Signode Engineering to report specific machine issues and add implement any changes that Engineering requests.
- Diagnose failures of industrial equipment components using test meters and hand tools
- Requisition and manage materials and supplies, such as tools, replacement parts and maintain and control inventory
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements for functionality and safety
- Identify and present opportunities for additional support of company products and services to the customer
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors
- Commute in company vehicle and at times long distances.
Why should you join our team?
- Skill development opportunity to service, maintain, and sell the top packaging equipment in the industry!
- Flexibility! Manage your own schedule, customer base and parts inventory!
- Support! The following resources will be provided to you to ensure you have everything you need to provide quality work and service.
- Continuous on the job training and mentorship
- Company car, mileage and car insurance
- Corporate expense account
- Company laptop and cell phone
- All required Personal Safety Equipment
- All supporting inventory for equipment maintenance
- A strong working knowledge in the mechanical and electrical field
- Knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multi-meter, amp meter, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of employees and customers
- Ability to take initiative and organize your own work independently
- The drive to build your own territory for profitability
- Competent customer services skills, with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues
- Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction
- Willing and able to travel, occasional overnight travel may be required
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs)
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and electronic schematics is not required but strongly desired
Experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of field or industrial maintenance experience
- High school diploma
- A valid driver's license and your own general hand tools
- Mechanical background
- Machinist background a plus, but not required
- Some PLC and Electrical experience preferred but willing to train the right individual
- Associates Degree a plus but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.