To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
- Jeff Rowe
- Phone: 865-539-8234
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Security Engineer (CISSP)
Johnson Search Group • Knoxville, TN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Johnson Service Group is recruiting for an experienced, IT Security Engineer, for a direct hire position in Knoxville, TN. Our client is one of the top-rated online retailers in the United States and offers 24-7-365 availability, an industry leading mobile optimized e-commerce platform, and a robust and engaging social media presence.
This position will be expected to audit and harden a variety of platforms including security systems, network devices, servers, storage devices and custom software to maintain and improve our security posture. An attractive salary and benefits package is offered along with relocation assistance for the qualified candidate.
Primary Job Functions:
- Devise novel and innovative solutions to constantly evolving internet security challenge
- Secure for both internal and external threats
- Ensure our in-house developed software remains in line with our security posture
- Consistently conform to agency standards (ex. PCI-DSS)
- Run vulnerability scans
- Author security policies
- Provide solutions that fulfill business and security requirements
- Keep up-to-date with the latest threats, vulnerabilities and malicious trends to support an appropriate IT response to attack
- As an agency, we cannot support Corp-to-Corp agreements
- Permanent residence within the Knoxville area is required (cannot work remote)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of IT Security experience including PCI and firewall administration
- CISSP Certification required
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills
- Can work closely with peers, team members and others in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco ASA, routers and switches, Cisco wireless network including WLC’s and Aps
- Experience with Unix, Linux and Windows servers and desktops
Additional Preferred Certifications:
- GSNA — GIAC Systems and Network Auditor
- SEC — GIAC Security Essentials
- GISP — GIAC Information Security Professionals
Reasons to move to Knoxville, TN:
- NO state or local income taxes!! Plus, very low property taxes. ()
- Great weather! Average temperature is 78 degrees in July and 37 degrees in January. Average snowfall is only 6.4 inches.
- Cost of living Knoxville is below the national average. In December 2017 the median listing price for a home in Knoxville was $209,900.
- Beautiful place! The Great Smokey Mountains offer an incredible array of events and activities, from water skiing to snow skiing, and everything ‘outdoors’ you could think of.
- Low Crime rates and a family friendly town with lots of great schools to choose from.