To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
114 Union Valley Road
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
- Andrea Lyle
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Automated Software Test Engineer, Entry to Mid level
Johnson Search Group • Oak Ridge, TN
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Would you like to work with a phenomenal team focused on creating an outstanding experience for customers? Are you passionate about quality? Would you like to apply your skills to deliver excellent products that make someone’s life better?
Johnson Service Group, Inc is working with a woman-owned small business in Oak Ridge, TN providing software quality assurance (SQA) services. Their primary customers are NNSA and DOE. Our client has been successfully providing these services for more than 10 years. They have an immediate need for one full-time person to fill a vacancy where they are taking on a new project. They have on-going staffing needs because their biggest project has significant projected growth and the new project also has projected growth. The current need is for a mid-level Sofware Quality Assurance Engineer. The company is also pursuing new opportunities that look promising.
Our client is looking for a talented software developer to play a key role in ensuring that applications truly solve complex business problems. In this full-time position, you will design, develop, execute, and maintain automated tests for front-end web apps and backend systems. The position requires strong software development skills, proficiency in creating automated tests, familiarity with relational databases, superior communication skills, and direct experience in all testing activities within an Agile development environment.
They partner with private and government organizations on exciting and growing projects. Their work environment is team-oriented and employee-friendly. You will join a high-performing team which has been recognized with awards from the Project Management Institute, the National Defense Industrial Association Award for Excellence in Enterprise Information, and the National Nuclear Security Administration. Expectations are high, the work is interesting and varied, and the team environment is invigorating.
· Develop test strategies and test plans to effectively assess all aspects of the software
· Work with the development team to determine range and depth of automating testing activities
· Design, implement, and maintain automated tests
· Conduct testing, clearly and precisely report findings, and support timely resolution of defects
· Manage priorities and overall development and release strategies
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with software design, development, and testing in an Agile environment
· Development experience with a modern object-oriented programming language (Java (preferred), C++, C#, and/or Python)
· Recent experience in developing automated tests with a working knowledge of Selenium (or another web automation testing tool)
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a mindset of continuous improvement
· Self-motivated and curious: Ability to independently learn and actively seek new skills
· Passionate about product quality, strong sense of ownership, good teammate, excellent work ethic
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in English
· Intermediate to advanced skill in SQL
· Plus: Experience with version control systems (e.g., Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
· Plus: Scripting skills in at least one common language (e.g., Python, Perl)
· Plus: Experience developing and/or testing mobile applications
· Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
A code sample will be requested as part of the application process. The sample should contain multiple well-organized classes and be the sole work of the applicant. The sample may come from existing work that the applicant has the rights to distribute or be prepared solely for the application process. Samples may be provided via links to public code sharing platforms (GitHub, SourceForge, Google Code, etc.) or submitted via email.