To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
33 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772
- Laura Schnaible
- Phone: 508-481-1015 x3229
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Coordinator
New England Center for Children • Southborough, MA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
The New England Center for Children is looking for an energetic individual to join our HR department in an entry-level Human Resources Coordinator role. Join our team and discover all the great benefits NECC has to offer!
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist and Director of HR, the Coordinator performs tasks related to supporting the Human Resources department and supporting the Human Resource Specialists that include generating contracts, employee database input, benefits enrollments, agency audits and day to day office inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Initial point of contact for Human Resources and Payroll office assisting with general employee inquiries regarding payroll, benefits and staffing.
o Assists the Specialist in preparing for new hire “start dates” which include preparing benefits manuals, assisting with I-9 compliance and running orientation as needed.
o Assists Specialist with CORI and fingerprinting compliance
o Maintains personnel files which include, filing of annual CORIS, offers, contracts, evaluations and other required documents.
o Schedules appointments at Reliant for at -work injuries during Occupational Health Nurse vacation weeks throughout academic year.
o Oversees NECC Vehicle Parking assignments.
● Employee Benefits and Services
o Responds to all employment verification requests.
o Oversees tracking of employee information that includes transcripts, updated driver’s licenses, vehicle information and new hire paperwork.
o Runs general census reports which include EEOC/agency report requests, salary surveys, Boston Living wage reporting and various others as requested by HR and other departments.
o Assists with generating and proofing contracts for new employees, during contract renewal and/or as employee’s status changes.
o Assists with proofing HR Specialist for HRIS (ADP) and iEmployee input.
o Conducts employee exit interviews
o Participates and assists with ongoing activities organized by the HR department (i.e. Annual Health Fair, Staff Appreciation Week, Employee of the Month presentation, Staff Activities, etc.)
o Assists with new hire references and supporting HR Recruiting Specialist as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to input data to automated database; and talk and hear to gather information about the issues being worked on.
● Frequently required to move about the office to file, copy or retrieve employee information from files or storage.
● Occasionally move and/or lift up to 15 pounds.
● The operation of office and school equipment, such as a fax machine, copiers, and calculators.
● Implementation of all safety and emergency procedures.
● Associates’ degree with some undergraduate coursework in the Human Resources field working towards a Bachelor’s degree, and 1-2 years of business office or Human Resources office experience or a Human Resources internship.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to carry out both written and verbal instructions; ability to read and comprehend correspondence and memos
● Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to applicants and team members
● Ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with applicants, staff members and Human Resource vendors.
● Ability to calculate figures and audit bottom line totals
● Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with emotional, angry or agitated employees in a professional manner.
● Computer skills for PC based MSword Microsoft Excel spreadsheet systems, experience with an HRIS system prefered.
The safety of the students, staff and visitors are among The Center’s most important priorities. The active participation in The New England Center Safety Program is a condition of employment. This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, an HR Coordinator may need to complete other duties as requested by the Director of Human Resources or his/her designee.
We have GREAT benefits!
5 weeks paid vacation and holidays
Health and Dental Insurance
Additional Life Insurance