To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Savannah, GA
- Janie Lopez
- Phone: 210-867-7083
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Federal Government Contract Accounting
Global Dynamic Consulting, Inc. • Savannah, GA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, JCB is a fast moving and forward looking company has an opportunity in Savannah, GA. They are proud of their achievements and recognize that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. Everywhere you look in their business, you will find people with enthusiasm and vision coupled with friendliness and a real can-do spirit.
JCB USA seeks a forward-thinking candidate to lead a team preparing a number of required regulatory submissions. The successful candidate will serve as a working manager leading a team preparing annual incurred cost submissions; CASB Disclosure Statements and associated cost impact assessments; as well as the preparation of cumulative allowable cost worksheets. Regulatory Compliance interfaces with the Defense Contract Audit Agency and the Defense Contract Management Agency. JCB seeks a manager who understands the regulatory requirements, yet works to effectively and efficiently stream line processes and improve procedures. This team helps to ensure that JCB’s business systems remain in current and approved status. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist JCB in designing and implementing compliance processes to support Small Business Utilization; ITAR and EAR conformance; and federally mandated contractor cybersecurity practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a focal point within the company and externally for the regulatory compliance program.
- Apply expert level knowledge of the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost principles (FAR Part 31); DFARS contractor business systems to facilitate and resolve ongoing audits; FAR part 52 provisions and contract clause compliance; small business utilization practices; ITAR and EAR regulations and requirements; and NIST SP 800-171 compliance.
- Assist JCB management in developing and emplacing a comprehensive compliance management program.
- Lead your team to prepare the contractor’s response to contract audit reports and provide audit support documentation to auditors in their audits to result in minimal findings and successfully resolve questions to support JCB.
- Prepare the annual incurred cost audit submissions within the required timeframes.
- Streamline processes and procedures where possible to increase staff productivity.
- Manage and train junior staff members to successfully complete assigned projects, with the goal to advance staff to more complex assignments.
- Prepare Cumulative Allowable Cost Worksheets for closeout.
- Schedule and lead periodic meetings with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), and JCB’s DACO.
- Leverage a variety of electronic business and software tools to obtain, organize, and present relevant business data for management.
- Have attention to detail to provide quality submissions resulting in minimal findings and/or questions.
- Review federal contract terms and conditions and ensure the company is in compliance before contracts are signed and manages the processes to ensure the company remains in compliance with contractual T&Cs throughout the period of performance.
- Assist JCB achieve small business utilization rates in accordance with small business utilization plans.
- Assist with management of JCB’s ITAR/EAR licensing practices
- Work with JCB’s IT professionals to maintain a system that is compliant with NIST SP 800-171 requirements
- Be a student of continuous learning to stay abreast of developing policy changes and developing industry trends related to contract compliance standards, regulations and legislation.
- Enjoy the challenge of competing priorities and have the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 4 to 10 years of relevant experience with federal government contract accounting or regulatory compliance.
Possess relevant knowledge of:
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS),
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 31 cost principles,
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 52 provisions and contract clauses,
- DFARS contractor business systems requirements and their applicability to a government contractor,
- ITAR and EAR regulatory regimes and licensing procedures,
- National Industrial Security Program requirements,
- Federal Cybersecurity requirements applicable to contractors and subcontractors
- Previous managerial / supervisory experience, or mentor relationship.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A Certified Public Accountant and/or advanced degree.
- Prior DCAA, DCMA, or large accounting firm consulting experience
- Ability to obtain / maintain a security clearance.
- Experience working with other internal functional groups including accounting, legal, human resources, budgeting & planning, contracts, pricing, accounts payable and internal audit.
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager, National Contracts Management Association (NCMA)
- Certified Internal Auditor, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
This position requires minimal travel – 5-10%