To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winter Springs, FL
- Vanessa Wise
- Phone: 321-397-1016
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electronics / Instrumentation Technician
VISIUM RESOURCES • Winter Springs, FL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following contract-to-hire position below:
Highly skilled technical work in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of electric power systems, instrumentation, equipment and control systems. The work is primarily characterized by responsibility for complex computer based electronically controlled instrumentation and telemetry system, however other advanced responsibility for electrical power systems and mechanical assignments may be included with this work. Employees in this class perform specialized work operating and troubleshooting assigned equipment. Duties are electronics related matters. Work in this classification requires extensive electronic board diagnostic and repair, requiring broad electronic theory applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs installation, maintenance, modification, calibration and repair of electronic and electrical instrumentation, telemetry systems, equipment and control systems: and may exercise lead responsibility over other workers on a project basis as assigned.
- Performs installation, maintenance, modification, calibration and repair complex electrical power system, related instrumentation, equipment and control systems: and may exercise lead responsibility over other workers.
- Uses software and hardware interface to update and modify control functions of PLC and SCADA systems.
- Detects causes of electronic and electrical failures, interprets and insures compliance with established codes, circulates data necessary for wiring instrument systems and requisitions supplies and materials needed to complete tasks.
- May supervise technical employees engaged in similar work by training, conducting performance reviews, services as a project leader, etc.
- Inspects instrumentation and equipment to determine operating conditions and needed repairs and modifications.
- Performs emergency and routine field servicing of complex electronic or electrical equipment.
- Arranges for repairs and services as technical review specialist for work completed by outside vendors performing work on multiple different facilities.
- Performs general mechanical work and repairs on lift stations, wastewater treatment and water treatment plant pumps and hydraulic equipment and other related work as assigned.
- Responds to emergency conditions on a 24-hour basis.
ELECTRONICS / INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of standards tools, methods, theories, materials and practices of electronic and electrical trades and local state electrical codes.
- Knowledge of electrical theory and equipment and electronics maintenance and repair practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of operating characteristics, capabilities and limitations of computer equipment and routine computer operation and terminology.
- Knowledge of PLC and SCADA programming including proficiency in ladder logic.
- Experienced in Unity.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment used in the electronic and related trades.
- Skill in troubleshooting automated systems and isolating breakdown causes.
- Ability to interpret and work from technical sketches and blueprints and locate, define and repair defects in equipment.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments, track work, prepares communications, reports, etc.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and make sound decisions based on available information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of highly automated computer based electronics instrumentation installation, maintenance and repair experience: or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may, in limited circumstances, be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)