To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medication Adherence Technician - Bilingual - Work from Home
PharmMD Solutions, LLC • Austin, TX
Posted 2 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Medication Adherence Technician will apply knowledge and skills to engage in-depth discussion with patients about medication adherence to identify and resolve patient adherence barriers. This role may involve analysis, research, and problem-solving to obtain resolution. Applied judgment is required to develop, modify and adapt procedures in order to most effectively meet demands in atypical situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls to patients and healthcare professionals regarding patient medications, adherence, and barrier removal
- Demonstrate ability to actively listen, understand patient questions and provide accurate answer or solutions. More complex questions, inquiries, or information requests outside of the scope of knowledge are transferred to health care plan, clinician, or pharmacy for resolution.
- Interact with healthcare professionals of all levels involving patient medications. Examples include calling the pharmacy or provider to assist patient with medication refills, medication synchronization, or 90 day supply requests.
- Practices discretion and care on a regular basis when working with sensitive/confidential data pertaining to the patient, department, or company.
- Uses software applications to document patient call interactions
- Nature of work requires minimal supervision, is largely self-directed, and accountable for defined duties. Job requires use of independent judgment
- Exercise excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external parties, to convey information correctly, manage difficult situations, and always represent PharmMD in the most favorable manner
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Google and ability to learn new software as needed
- At least two-five years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and pharmacy or related patient interaction experience
- Ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm CST
- Spanish/English bilingual
Minimum Physical Requirement:
The Medication Adherence Technician will perform his or her work in a HIPAA secured home office environment using company issued standard office equipment. The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Bend, twist or stoop on a repetitive and continuous basis
- Stand and remain on feet for extended periods of time
- Operate various business instruments, including computers, printers/scanners/fax machines, requiring manual dexterity
- Sit and concentrate for long periods of time to compute, examine, and interpret data
- Read paperwork and computer monitors, requiring visual acuity
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Strong time-management skills and keen eye to detail
- Ability to deal with all situations in a calm and positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision as this role is largely self-directed and accountable for defined duties
- Access to high speed internet
- Must have superior customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment where changes to procedures are common
- Must be skilled in working with multiple software programs and have the ability to learn role specific software and systems