To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accountant - NonProfit
Creative Financial Staffing • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 15 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - At least 1 year(s)
$35,000.00 - $45,000.00 /Year
Not for Profit - Charitable, Accounting - Finance, Other Great Industries
Accounting, Other, Finance
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a small non-profit organization, looking for an Accountant to join their team! They have a fantastic culture that provides work/life balance, and a generous benefits package. It's the opportunity to join a team in an organization where your work is meaningful and helps improve the lives of others.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Process Payroll for all employees.
- AR/AP responsibilities.
- Manage requests made by Controller and other members of the team.
We are looking for an Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree Preferred
- General Accounting with Payroll experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate to expert Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
Keywords: staff accountant, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, finance
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.