To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Miana Ford
- Phone: (202) 682-1661
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Assistant
Legal Placements, Inc.1 • Washington, DC
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Washington, DC office of an international law firm has an exciting opening for a Government Relations Assistant to provide support to the Government Relations Directors, Managers and clients. This role is heavy on the administrative side; but the Directors are looking for a sophisticated assistant. The Director of this department has more than 20 years in government relations and is adept building coalition, developing public policies and setting organizational processes.. In this role, the Assistant will review and/or format document for presentation to clients, anticipate needs of the Government Relations Director and/or Managers, interact with clients by providing any requested information to the client and provide assistance with logistical items such as making hotel accommodations, luncheon reservations and scheduling meetings. Additional responsibilities may also include scheduling appointments on Capitol Hill, preparing leave-behind packets, conduct legislative research, prepare and submit travel and incidental reimbursement forms and handle logistics and administrative aspects of the weekly team meetings. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of administrative work experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Interested candidates please submit your resume, cover-letter and two writing samples- no longer than one page of non-academic writing sample to Miana Ford, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
• Ability to be proactive, anticipate needs, and create and maintain systems and solutions.
• Knowledge in the area of medical/health care jargon and the federal legislative process.
• Outstanding ability to review and proofread written documents.
• Outstanding attention to detail in written and oral communications as well as in handling and executing logistics and completing tasks and projects.
• Exhibit problem-solving orientation when unexpected things occur and/or problems arise.
• College degree preferred.
• Must have a solid administrative, executive level, and/or trade association background with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience, with at least one years’ work experience on Capitol Hill, within an organization involved in federal legislative and regulatory activities, or in another government relations firm (