To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ
- Courtney Martin
- Phone: 5517774999
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Cloud Engineer
Career Developers, Inc. • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Docker Engineer
Location: Jersey City
The Senior Docker Engineer works at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines). This individual is expected to already possess a deep understanding of Docker container technology and will be responsible for defining core docker/container standards and publishing best practice guides. This individual will continue to evaluate new technologies and update/develop departmental standard practices as necessary. Provides leadership to staff members and teams in a specific area of expertise and in problem analysis techniques. Identifies or reacts to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrates a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology issues.
- Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
- Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies.
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards.
- Create technology efficiency and new capabilities through the use of automation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive clarity and actions
- Ability to summarize complex technical and business issues to the appropriate audience
- Ability to work with a variety of development environments and platforms
- Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes complete lifecycle
- Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
- Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc
- Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve the efficiency of product maintenance
- Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems.
- Conducts highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
- Create design documentation for new products and procedures.
- Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues.
- Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions.
- Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- Be available for L3 escalation requests, during normal business hours as well as off-hour rotation.
- 7-10 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data) with a proven track-record implementing in large-scale environments.
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and Saas delivery models.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
- Deep expertise in cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Hands on experience with AWS and operating familiarity of Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team.
- Scripting and / or programming experience.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and agile principles
- Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
- Working knowledge of config management tools such as Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed