To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
416 South Bell Avenue
Ames, IA 50010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. • Ames, IA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The purpose of this job is to assure the effective andefficient daily Transportation and Supply Chain Management of commoditiesshipments done through barge and other modes of transportation. This positionis also responsible for working terminal issues and engineering issues orprocess design improvements.
- Exercise discretion in the scheduling,coordinating and processing of freight deliveries to customers, plants andterminal locations to assure timely delivery of product at the most economicalrate
- Coordinate modal transport and design processimprovement as well as process diagrams relating to logistics areaoperationally and organizationally to improve proficiency
- Oversee compliance with BQ 9000 requirements
- Follow Renewable Energy Group credit policies asapplicable to the shipment of products from REG and client plants
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment toevaluate all possible transportation methods while determining how to transportspecific sales/shipments to and from origin and destinations
- Track transfer and 3rd partyshipments to terminals including title transfer based on Free on Board terms orfinished product to customers, and inbound feedstock to REG facilities
- Assist with the setting up of export/importshipments by ship or barge
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding shipmentstatus in sales force, plant operations, and all customers
- Conduct a general analysis of cost/sales/profitby terminal as requested based on professional knowledge/experience
- Utilize analysis conclusion make recommendationsto senior management on go/no-go terminal options
Other frequent duties:
- Keep all transportation rates up to date in OTM
- Maintain a strong understanding of REGaccounting procedures and financial conditions
- Negotiate/coordinate costs associated and postchanges as needed
- Process freight bills for payment to accountspayable person
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required:4 year bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain Management or related degree
*3-5 years of experience may substitute
Experience Required: 2+ years office experience withtransportation logistics background.
*Master’s degree may substitute some experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sales and analytical thinking skills
Basic Math and Accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
Other Database systems