To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
473 Demott Lane
Franklin Township, NJ 08873
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Director - Assisted Living
Franklin Township, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - High School
Healthcare - Health Services, Managed Care
Installation - Maint - Repair, Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures.
- Ensure that the community is kept clean and sanitized at all times.
- Establish and/or follow the housekeeping schedule that has been designed for the community.
- Walk through the entire community each morning to identify and document problem areas.
- Respond to any on-going maintenance and repair issues in the community.
- Establishes/Follows a schedule to oversee continuous maintenance of all systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical.
- Contacts outside professional services when repairs are necessary. Obtains at least 3 bids for professional services to determine the best rate.
- Remains on-call for emergency repairs or maintenance issues.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company’s Human Resources Policies.
- Maintains appropriate staff schedules to ensure proper coverage.
- Assures all necessary logs are maintained to track information regarding maintenance of the building and grounds. The logs required may include:
- Hot Water Temperature
- Emergency Generator Charge Checks
- MSDS Sheets
- Fire Extinguisher Charge Checks
- Fire Drills
- Maintain outside grounds of the community. Check for litter daily.
- Prepares rooms for new residents.
- Orders all approved cleaning products, supplies and materials for repairs and on going maintenance.
- Follows budget guidelines for ordering supplies. Assists in development of annual environmental services budget.
- Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abides by all health and safety regulations.
- Work with team leader and other team members to complete tasks as assigned.
- Maintains MSDS sheets for all housekeeping chemicals and supplies.
Non Essential Functions
- Participates in the Manager-On-Duty Program.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired.
- Treats residents, family members and other Team Members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Seeks ways to improve professionally, including attending seminars, reading and studying pertinent material.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining of how money will be sent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Experience and Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); two years supervisory and hands-on experience in housekeeping, maintenance or environmental services; general knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.