To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
900 Watertown Avenue
Waterbury, CT 06708
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Counselor / Recovery Specialist
CNV HELP • Waterbury, CT
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Counselors / Recovery Specialists needed for our Waterbury, Torrington and Danbury sites
With multiple sites throughout the state; Help, Inc. provides residential and non-residential mental health and substance abuse treatment, support and skill development to improve our clients’ quality of life.
HELP, Inc. fosters a team-oriented culture, along with opportunities for continuing education, career growth and an extensive benefits package
Some positions may require some rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays. Excellent benefits package. EOE.
Ensure the safety and security of clients by means of regularly scheduled checks on the wellbeing of clients and the facility
- Maintain a caseload
- Facilitate individual, group, and family sessions
- Educate and assist clients with community reintegration, accessing community supports, and relapse prevention skill building
- Meet regularly with program staff for discussion, guidance and monitoring of each client
- Continue education and training to enhance knowledge and skills
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation in client records
- Act in an ethical and responsible manner in all work related to client
- Provide transportation for clients
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational ability
- Consideration of others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment in decision- making
Minimum Qualifications (for Counselor position):
- Valid CT Driver’s License
- Demonstrated interest in planning and pursuing educational studies that will enhance job performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related field, or an Associate’s Degree and 2 years paid experience in a related field. (for Counselor positions)
- Associate's Degree in Human Services or High School Diploma and 2 years relevant work experience. (for Recovery Specialists)