TP Mechanical Contractors is seeking Service Technicians for our office in Columbus, Ohio. TP Mechanical delivers end-to-end solutions to our customers, from pre-construction expertise through contracting and fabrication to service and maintenance for piping, plumbing, HVAC/R and fire protection. We do this as a relationship-focused organization that leverages six decades of experience providing innovative solutions with excellence that drive down costs, enhance safety, increase value and deliver speed to occupancy.
Hourly wages up to $40/hr with benefits for qualified individuals.
The Service Technician is responsible for daily Service work. Work includes plumbing, heating and refrigeration systems. Applicant should be able to read and understand blueprints, communicate effectively with all other persons on the job-site, including our sub-contractors, and represent TP Mechanical Contractors in a professional manner. Applicant should also be able to accept direction and/or lead and delegate the work if necessary.
Responsibilities for this position also include:
- Troubleshoot and solve HVAC, hydronic, piping and control problems.
- Follows up with customers for quality assurance purposes and ensures customers are 100% satisfied.
- Can work independently with little direction and is capable of solving problems (i.e., contacting factory, engineer, architect, foreman, etc.).
- Attends, if needed, all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects. Is well prepared to handle issues that may come up. Fills out all forms, revisions, requests for tools/equipment/material that are required for each project.
- Dependable and able to work in emergency situations when called.
- Has the ability to identify and locate parts/suppliers.
- On call as required and fills out the corresponding paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- 5 years commercial experience in plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration.
- Stable work history.
- HVAC and brazing license.
- EPA or Universal License.
- Type 2 or Universal Refrigerant License.
- HVAC, Hydronic and/or plumbing licenses are a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of general plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration repair and installation.
- Working knowledge of all hand and power tools.
- Able to use all specialty tools including Recovery Machine, Multi Meter, Combustion Analysis.
- Able to install equipment.
- Very strong technical background.
- Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy and productivity.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- High School or GED Equivalent
- Trade School a plus
- Eyesight correctable to 20/50
- Able to work long hours on feet
- Able to lift and climb ladders and scaffolds
- Able to perform shift work
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60lbs
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must provide their own basic hand tools
For these desirable skills, TP Mechanical Contractors will offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401k with company match, paid vacations and holidays. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real impact with a strong and growing organization that has been in business for over 60 years!
For more information, candidates can check out our website at www.TPMechanical.com. Interested candidates can submit their resume through the website or fax to (513) 851-0612 Attn: HR/Cols Service Tech.
TP Mechanical Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer