To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- TONJA SOMMERS RED SKY Consulting CYBERSECURITY STAFFING
- Phone: 714-636-3087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CYBERSECURITY / Security Architect
RED SKY Consulting • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position type- Direct Hire
Location- Chicago, IL
Client- The #1 global leader in their space as a multi-billion revenue organization touching the lives of millions of people and influencing the largest global corporate decisions and policies. Very prestigious.
**Candidate referral program get moneiy (misspelled intentionally) for referring others to RED SKY Consulting--details below at end of job description.**
Bottom line - "In a Nutshell":
- Guide security decisions, and product choices for the company. Networking or software choices, around security. Implement it, to getting into place, Stabilize it where it can be at a run state and then hand off. Design, implement, and build then hand it over.
- Examples – Doing evaluation & recomendation of endpoint protection space, based upon internal needs and making a recommendation based on the environment and setting up tools & systems and deploying it, managing and running the deployment schedule.
- Network and security segmentation – Using a mixed solution using cisco security group tagging, fore scout, understanding advanced technologies doing evaluation and making a decision.
- Engage in Micro Segmantation, Seciruty Segmentation and Network Segmentation
- Understanding of tools and how to utilize them to make sure the end goal is met.
- Improve penetration and vulnerability management programs.
- Knowing Cisco networking is a big plus – they are a CISCO SHOP
Essential Job Functions
The Security Architect will be responsible for strategy, architecture, and security technology evaluations leveraging a deep comprehension of general information technology and a thorough understanding of the Firm’s technologies and systems. The Security Architect must be able to recommend ways to improve upon identified weak points via policies, procedures, and technologies. When implementing new security technology, the Security Architect will be responsible for managing all stages of the technology development lifecycle including determination of security requirements, leading proof-of-concepts, implementation, testing, and documentation.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following experience and education does not need to be consecutive and is preferred. Any combination of experience, education, and certification that demonstrates that the candidate can be successful in the position will be considered.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology operational and/or engineering roles of which at least five (5) years of experience in IT security, compliance, or risk management developing and deploying security technologies, policies, standards and procedures
- Understanding aligning projects to business priorities
- Advanced Endpoint Security (Carbon Black, Crowdstrike)
- Signature-based antivirus (endpoint, server, storage, email)
- Application Whitelisting (Carbon Black Protection formerly Bit9)
- SIEM (LogRhythm)
- Firewall (Cisco ASA)
- IPS/IDS (McAfee)
- Threat Intel Platform (Anomali)
- Privileged Access Management (Hitachi)
- Vulnerability Management (Rapid7 Nexpose/Metasploit)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Education & Professional Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Cyber Security, Information Systems Auditing, or any other security-related subject is preferred
- CISSP and/or CISM and a technically focused certification is preferred
Threat Hunter, Security Architect, and Forensics Lead – Cybersecurity
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!
RED SKY Consulting Company Overview:
We are an IT and Cybersecurity staffing solutions, consulting, project management and management consulting company with thousands of resources across multiple IT and Cybersecurity skill sets. Our primary US locations are Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Atlanta, Minneapolis, New Jersey and we have organizational arms in other domestic cities along with offshore alliances in India and Ireland. RED SKY has a 10+ year history of providing great technology and Cybersecuirity talent. RED SKY has many clients including; 4 “Fortune 20” companies and over 40 “Fortune 500” companies within the manufacturing, financial services, health care, government, consumer services, insurance and several other industry verticals represented.