To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
- Stephen Benitez
- Phone: 337-988-1920
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Subaru Sales Consultant
Giles Automotive Group • Lafayette, LA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WE ARE GILES AUTOMOTIVE GROUP Giles is proud to be an automotive leader in the Acadiana community. We pride ourselves on living out our mission to be a “vehicle" that improves the lives of our employees, our customers, and our community. We offer a wide selection of cars and trucks, award-winning service, beautiful state-of-the-art facilities, and excellent career choices.
WHAT IS GOING ON? Giles Automotive is experiencing tremendous growth. We have recently invested millions breaking ground on, not one but, two new state-of-the-art facilities in Lafayette and Opelousas. Great performance and growth have positioned us to offer several positions in a number of departments as we enter the home stretch of 2017.
WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR? Currently, we have a need for several sales consultants in Lafayette for our Subaru brand. Subaru is one of the hottest products in the country. We have a very small staff so we are looking for the right person to support our team. We need someone that takes pride in their work to help the people in Acadiana make good decisions about purchasing automobiles. You don't need experience in the automotive industry but we love to see people with experience customer service, running a business, sales or anything dealing with the public. Even something as simple as waiting tables can help.
The ideal person would be ambitious, confident, outgoing, creative, professional, able to leverage social media, able to use creative mediums such a video to create their message, business-minded, desiring meaningful work, hardworking, good at presenting ideas and professionally dressed.
The selection process for us is pretty straightforward. We judge all of our respective candidates through the lens of our core values. In fact, here are the answers to the test and we suggest you consider these carefully before you schedule an appointment:
- Holds oneself to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and sincerity
- Has a continuous drive for excellence and self-improvement
- Takes full responsibility and is dependable in/for area of influence
- A professional team-player that deeply respects others
- Possesses a strong desire to serve our community, our customers and each other
- Exudes an extraordinary attitude
WHAT DO YOU DO? You cheerfully greet our customers, find out what they need, match them to our award-winning products, test drive the newest vehicles, present prices, ask for the business, and show people how to use their new car. Here are a few other things you will do: Make phone calls, email customers, text customers, market yourself, attend sales meetings and training, and schedule appointments with your clients. Consider this like going into business for yourself without any of the risks.
WHEN DO YOU DO IT? We are open from 8:30 to 7:00pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 6:00pm Friday - Saturday and closed on Sundays. You are given a day off during the week and have an early night at 5:30pm every other evening. Please apply if you have any questions.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Money of course: We know getting into sales presents a certain risk to most people. Our compensation programs maximize growth potential while eliminating most risks associated with other sales careers. For example, you are paid a salary to go through our world-class training program. Once training is over you are paid a base pay with a great bonus and commission structure. On average, our associate earns $55,000 their first year and are earning an average of $90,000 by their 3rd year. Of course, there are guys in our organization that earn two times as much as the average but, if you are the person we are looking for we know you don't respond to cheesy "unlimited income potential" lines from the 1980s. Just like we don't train our sales staffs to use cheesy tactics from the 1980s. We also offer bonuses, awards and bonuses for tenure, and a company car (2017 Altima) with a 15 sale average. On top of that, if our commission structure doesn't perform at a desirable income we have guarantees in place to give any new applicant peace of mind. Here are the guarantees: $3800 for 10 sales, $4,400 for 12 sales in a month, $6,200 for 15 sales, $8,000 for 18 sales,$10,000 for 21 sales, $12,300 for 26 sales, $15,000 for 31 sales.
- Training: We have a special 4-week workshop starting soon for candidates that have limited experience in the automotive industry. We are the only dealer group with a training & development department. We offer 4 weeks of initial & orientation classes with continued ongoing training.
- Management & Sales Support: Superior sales support from our great award-winning team of management and sales staffs.
- Benefits: Medical - Dental – Paid Vacation –401k Retirement Option.
WHAT'S NEXT? Come work for a great company and earn a great living. If you have a great attitude and love serving people we want you to apply. We are offering a meaning career choice that you can build and make an excellent living. Apply now to be considered and we look forward to meeting you!
Applicant: "I'm the one you want. On my last job, every time anything went wrong, they said I was responsible."
Seriously, you need to be 21 or older and have a valid driver's license with a decent driving record