To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Keeaire Williams
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EVRAZ Inc. • US-Nationwide
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EVRAZ North America, a leading producer of engineered steel products, is seeking a hands-on Payroll Manager at our Headquarters in Chicago, IL. Relocation Assistance Is Available.
WE OFFER: Excellent compensation and bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, including tuition reimbursement, Apprenticeship, and career advancement within the company.
The Payroll Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director, Compensation and Benefits and is responsible for managing payroll for about 2,000 U.S. employees.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls
- Ensure payroll is accurate, timely, and complies with various government regulations.
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data and manage timekeeping activities
- Administer accurate garnishments, child support orders, and other payroll deductions, remittances and payments
- Coach and develop Payroll staff
- Prepare periodic & on-demand reports for management
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reconciliations and resolve any tax issues
- Lead projects on payroll and timekeeping system updates, new configurations, and upgrades
- Work with auditors and maintain SOX standards
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field required
- Minimum of 8 years of payroll management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with staff management
- Experience with Ceridian and/or Kronos systems required
- Strong knowledge of regulations related to payroll processing, payroll taxes, garnishments, and other related compliance issues
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel; Word; PowerPoint) - advanced use of formulas and functions in Excel is required
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information required
- CPP is highly preferred