To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hyattsville, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Paratransit Driver (Transportation - Customer Service)
Transdev North America • Hyattsville, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Paratransit Drivers needed in Hyattsville, MD. $1000 Sign-On Bonus - $16.00/hr up to $20.00/hr!
Transdev is hiring Paratransit Drivers in Maryland and Washington D.C. area to provide passengers with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation, but we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, and providing high-quality patient or other care. Transdev proudly serves our communities with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) transportation. Come join the largest private sector operator of public transportation in North America – one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Why Drive With Us?
- No Experience Needed
- $1000 Sign-On Bonus
- Paid Training
- Starting salary $16.00/hour and up to $20.00/hour
- Paid health benefits, along with flexible work schedules
- Ability to advance your career
- The ability to transport passengers throughout the Maryland and Washington D.C. areas in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
- Training shifts assigned based on business need: Either 6 AM or 5 PM weekdays, and some weekends. Each employee will be required to bid a shift, which includes weekdays, evenings, and weekend shifts.
- Must be at least 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have a clean driving record in MD, DC, or VA and be able to bring your MVR to the interview
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be punctual with an emphasis on your attendance
- Must submit to drug testing, DOT physical, and an extensive criminal background check
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Must be able to complete driver training
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance
- Move up and down stairs easily
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Interviews are being scheduled now – Apply Today!
For more information, please contact us at 1-855-3DRIVER. We are located at 3201 Hubbard Rd. in Hyattsville, MD 20785
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or another legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen, DOT physical and background check