To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
700 Airport Boulevard
Doylestown, PA 18902
- Nancy Cascioli
- Phone: 215-348-5010
- Phone:: 215-348-0932
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Regional Sales Manager
Dontech Incorporated • Doylestown, PA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you highly motivated with proven sales ability? Help us continue to grow!
Dontech has an opportunity for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to contribute to the overall profitability and growth of our organization by effectively managing and leading the Sales activities for our West Coast territory.
Since 1971, Dontech's core purpose has been to provide innovative solutions which enhance optical performance. Today we continue to grow as a leading designer and manufacturer of optical filters, precision thin film coated optics, and enhanced flat panel digital assemblies for military, medical, and commercial applications including ruggedized laptop assemblies for ground-based military vehicles, durable hospital and field monitoring equipment, and POS digital signage. Dontech is an AS9100D / ISO9001:2015 certified manufacturer.
The Regional Sales Manager's essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Effectively manage time and 50% travel in support of Sales efforts
- Possess a current understanding of Dontech's products, applications, and value-add, as well as a general understanding of our manufacturing capabilities
- Serve as primary point of contact for regional sales and quotation activities and the secondary point of contact for product delivery information
- Provide input to top level management (including Sales, Operations, Engineering and Finance) to develop pricing structure and win specific opportunities based on competitive environment and market knowledge (including working with Engineering and Manufacturing to develop new products and to ensure quotations are completed in a timely manner as well as reviewing all complicated and large dollar value quotations to ensure compliance and profitability)
- Maintain detailed sales records based on product, territory, monthly activity, quotations, customers, and current market trends
- Develop the assigned region's manufacturer's representative groups into a strong, competent network for Dontech
- Act as the primary liaison/coordinator between territory's customers and manufacturer's representative and Dontech
- Participate in Sales meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives
- Keep Sales Manager informed as to region's goals, accomplishment of goals and major issues/activities
- Effectively communicate technical information pertaining to new and existing procedures and products, including the generation of technical specifications
- Assist in the design, formulation and completion of information for publications, literature, and advertisements
- Assist with the development of procedures and requirements regarding the selection, management, training, and evaluation of Dontech's Manufacturer's Sales Representatives
- Measure the work in the assigned territory with metrics and post the metrics as a tool for continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of current technology and related business trends by participating in job related technical groups and societies and/or reading industry/job related technical literature
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a scientific field, preferably in chemistry, chemical engineering, optical engineering or physics (may be substituted with 5 years of sales experience preferably in the optical/display or EMI shielding market); graduate technical or Business degree a plus
- 5+ years of successful experience in the management of manufacturer's representatives, strategic account planning and direct major customer account management
- Sales experience of LCD display, EMI shielding, or optical based products desired
- 10+ years of successful hands-on engineering experience desired
- 5+ years of proven successful project management and development responsibility
- International sales experience, including travel, desired
- Active member in job related societies (e.g. SID) preferred
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional and company industry related publications
- Lean, 6 Sigma, Kaizen and/or Value Stream Mapping manufacturing experience desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to Dontech's Mission Statement and a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in English) both verbal and written, including presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and travel up to 50% required
- Sound administrative skills and ability to develop sound management skills -- principles and people
- Proven ability to train and motivate people
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to get along with diverse personalities - tactful - mature
- Results-orientated with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Self motivation
- High integrity
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong work ethic
The Physical Demands
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- regularly required to communicate, verbally, in writing, in person, over the phone, and via the computer;
- frequently required to sit (roughly 60% of the time), stand, walk (roughly 40% of the time), use hands to handle, hold or reach;
- regularly required to bend and lift and/or move up to 15 pounds; occasionally up to 40 pounds;
- regularly required to write, type, or voice record notes, data, reports, record upkeep, etc.;
- specific vision abilities required by this job include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception, and the ability to focus necessary to properly resolve the details of optical displays and components;
- travel on behalf of Dontech, both nationally and internationally as needed, for the purpose of increasing sales and problem resolution, involving overnight as well as weekend travel (travel related, but not limited,to trade shows, seminars, as well as to new and existing customers)
- occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock
- requirement to wear appropriate safety equipment when in manufacturing, including but not limited to protective eyewear, paper half masks, and latex/non-latex gloves
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and commission/bonus plan. Dontech's Benefits Package for Full-Time Regular employees includes:
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and/or dependent care savings
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Dontech Inc. is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, north of Philadelphia in Central Bucks County.
700 Airport Blvd.
Doylestown, PA 18902
Apply through this site, by fax to 215-348-0932, by mail to above listed address, or stop by between 9 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to complete an application.
Resumes sent by mail, fax, or e-mail (other than directly through this posting) MUST INCLUDE COVER LETTER which states salary history/requirements and the names and contact information of three professional references who would be willing to call us on your behalf. Those applying through this posting must provide this same information by answering the attached screener questions. Thank you for your adherence to this requirement.
Dontech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO / AA / M / F / Vets / Disabled
Citizenship requirements in compliance with ITAR (either US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
Minimum 18 years of age
Resumes without salary requirements may not be considered.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Dontech Inc., please call 215-348-5010 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Dontech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment posting, so no phone calls or e-mails please. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee via e-mail, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dontech Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.