To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
- Deirdre Reid-Coleman
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MIT (Manager in Training) Program
Extended Stay America • Miami, FL
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Graduated December 2018 or graduating in May 2018 ONLY
- Previous hotel experience in a hospitality or retail establishment preferred
- 20 week rotational program at the end of this program you will be an Assistant General Manager with a goal of becoming a General Manager.
- Must be willing to work anywhere on East Coast but possibilities to work at any of our 600 locations. Flexibility in locale is a must.
- Housing will be provided for the first 8-9 months of employment
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
· Assists the GM in managing hotel day to day operations, assures optimum performance and continual improvement in Guest satisfaction (GREAT, FRESH, Making it Right) and associate satisfaction. Hands on in managing the hourly staff, including scheduling, directing and overseeing their daily activities and training. Provide leadership to the associate population that will ensure we are viewed as an exceptional workplace.
MAJOR OBJECTIVES AND KEY JOB DUTIES
· Demonstrates and promotes 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests. Helps drive company initiatives (GREAT, FRESH, Making it Right) and Brand Reputation.
· Serves as first level of contact for Guest Service issues. Resolves guest issues in a timely manner and determines whether to escalate to GM as needed.
· Become trained in all managerial functions and operations at the hotel level.
· Daily interaction with the guests to identify quality lead generation and assist guests with future travel needs.
· Assists the GM with interviewing, onboarding and training new associates.
· Ensure all employees are trained and complete training through Extended Stay University.
· Use the direct supervision/involvement with all associates to promote a positive work environment through team work, energy, enthusiasm and recognition.
· Actively involved in the daily team meeting and interacts with the staff to foster continuous improvement, needed guidance, encouragement and corrective action when necessary.
· Assists the GM in budgetary control measures, including labor monitoring, room expense control and maintaining PAR levels through Daily Visual Management.
· Ensures employees have the necessary tools to execute their jobs on an ongoing basis.
· Responsible for managing purchase order process, ordering and receiving products in a timely manner
· Upholds and Enforces ESH standards and policy compliance at the property level.
· Assists GM in monitoring cash management, in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables compliance
· Assists with drive-by activities and competitor surveillance when needed
· Shares “Manager on Duty” responsibilities with the GM
· Provides other relief, or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage per Company standards, housekeeping, and other duties when needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
· Actively reviews and monitors Social Media websites to ensure timely and appropriate responses.
· Ensures that clean rooms, guest and employee satisfaction are top priorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
· Able to comprehend fundamental instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. Solid English skills with regard to reading, writing and verbal communication.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 15 person hourly staff.
· Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and may frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Associate may be asked to travel to cover additional sites during