To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrisburg, PA
- Pamela Pfeninger
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Claims Vice President - Work From Home
The Carlisle Group • Harrisburg, PA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CLAIMS VICE PRESIDENT
This rapidly growing trucking insurance company is looking for a talented Claims Vice President to grow with them. This is a work from home opportunity with occasional travel to Harrisburg PA, San Diego CA and Austin TX.
- Ultimately responsible for the oversight of the Claims TPA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for establishing procedures and operations such as reserving philosophy, file format, reporting procedures for large losses and reinsurance and reportable losses.
- Reviews and then provides weekly, monthly and annual summaries of claim statistics and achievements to Senior Staff
- Approves coverage declination files and necessary declination letters
- Approves filing Declaratory Judgment actions
- Reviews all new losses after initial set up, reserve and action plan by TPA
- Extends settlement authority as necessary
- Develops annual claim department budget
- They deal with and have access to information that is important and must be kept confidential
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned
- A four-year degree from an accredited institution. A law degree from an accredited institution is a plus
- Knowledge of and adherence to the state laws and regulations governing the handling of property and casualty claims
- Prior successful claims experience handling Trucking (CGL, Auto, Property) claims including advanced skills in coverage, investigation, litigation, negotiation, salvage and subrogation
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills are required to understand, interpret and convey technical information
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of the litigation process, issues and procedures
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to think independently, to collect, compile and organize facts and figures in accordance with established procedures
- The ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written or diagram form. Reasoning; dealing with problems involving a few variables in standard situations
see job description