Housekeeping is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for all patients, staff members, and visitors. The primary duties will include cleaning of the facility, maintaining floors, distributing laundry, and operating mechanical equipment. Assists maintenance as needed.
Unit Specific Performance Objectives
1. Perform cleaning of patient areas, offices, rest rooms, bathrooms, and nurse's stations
2. Maintain carpeted areas and waxed floorings by vacuuming and/or buffing and stripping on a regular basis
3. Maintain security rounds at hourly intervals to physically check the facility, vehicles, and exit doors
4. Keep exterior walkways and parking areas free from debris, ice and snow
5. Maintain current knowledge of safety policies and procedures for each department and appropriate use of housekeeping chemicals
6. Identify and report any unsafe conditions, and document incidents in a factual and timely manner
7. Receive/count/sort/distribute linen items to patient units, maintain adequate linen levels, and collect soiled linens
8. Clean patient areas upon discharge in preparation for incoming patients
9. Collect and transport various types of waste including municipal, infectious, and recyclable in accordance with regulatory standards
10. Maintain hospital grounds including landscape maintenance.
11. Effectively track continuing education programs.
12. Perform maintenance on light fixtures as required.
13. Participates in own performance process.
14. Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
15. Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Required Education/Experience/Skills
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years experience preferred
3. Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
4. Valid Act 33/34 clearances
5. Valid PA driver's license
6. Must meet job competencies within 90 days of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.