To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
13434 Bay Park Road
Pasadena, TX 77507
- Tim Clark
- Phone: 281-954-3378
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CBSL Transportation Services • Pasadena, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CBSL Transportation Services, Inc. with locations in the Pasadena, TX; Chicago, IL and New Orleans, LA areas, provides a full-service alternative to the Bulk Transportation Industry. Using innovation and technology we have designed a comprehensive program to meet the most demanding customer requirements. CBSL has been providing the highest quality and dependable service to the Bulk Transportation Industry for over 35 years. Foremost, we are dedicated to outstanding customer service and the environment. Exciting New Opportunity for a Transportation Manager. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for the oversight, management, and profitability of the trucking department located within our Pasadena, TX facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Management of the entire transportation group including dispatch office and administration to include hiring, training and supervising.
- Oversight of Independent Contractors in all matters of safety and regulatory compliance; including mandated Safety and DOT Safety training programs, DOT logs, OOS, fuel tax, tags, highway tax, cab cards and liability insurance.
- Responsible for recruiting, contracting and onboarding Independent Contractors to ensure compliance with DOT regulatory and company procedures.
- Produce and maintain accident reports.
- Oversight of the correct application and compliance with all operational procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all safety procedures and operational procedures and criteria in relation to of the employees, department, and facility.
- Regularly review and manage the department’s performance to meet budgetary goals via the information provided by monthly profit and loss statements and to work within company guidelines to achieve desired department performance results.
- To develop and foster an overall feeling of teamwork, efficiency, and excellent customer service among the employees and fellow managers.
- Develop and promote the partnership between Independent Contractors and CBSL to continually enhance the business relationship
- To promptly and thoroughly investigate any and all service failures and accidents and to establish effective corrective actions to prevent future re-occurrences
- To develop formidable relationships and grow respect with the customers we service.
- Work closely with other facilities and other corporate departments such as Safety, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Quality/Processes to achieve corporate goals.
- To expect, apply, and demonstrate a high-level of compliance with respect to the cleanliness and organization of the facility and the company’s equipment.
- Assist the Facility Operations Manager in the daily organization and operation of the facility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Strong customer advocacy and customer relationship skills
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or five or more years related progressive experience.