To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bend, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Program Coordinator (Central OR Region)
Copy Of Alzheimer's Association • Bend, OR
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2016. We are proud to say that this is the seventh year in a row that we’ve won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Regional Coordinator provides effective representation within the Central Oregon region for the Alzheimer's Association within the mission and scope of the agency's programs, policies, procedures, and budget. This position manages regional partnership development, creates strategic and collaborative alliances, oversees service delivery, moves fundraising initiatives forward and positions the Association within the service area as the leader in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
This position is based in Bend, OR and reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant nonprofit management skills and experience, including familiarity with a similar regional office structure
- Proven ability to build relationships founded on trust, follow-through and commitment to enhance and further the Alzheimer's Association's mission, vision and organizational values
- Experience coordinating special events, fundraising, volunteer coordination and a proven track record of success in community outreach
- Demonstrated success building strong and productive work teams with a focus on creating and nurturing community relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, electronically and publicly to a variety of audiences
- The ability to analyze complex information, recognize the need for supervision, request necessary assistance and make timely, appropriate decisions within areas of responsibility
- Function effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment where limited resources can lead to strong demands on professional skill
- Be comfortable operating within an independent environment and being directly involved with both external outreach (community) as well as internal tactical operations (Chapter)
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based programs, Gmail and Google web applications
- A high level of confidentiality, integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Possess valid Oregon driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight as needed
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift, transport and carry up to 25 pounds of supplies and equipment
Benefits: Business Casual Work Environment, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Eldercare Leave and more!
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we'd love to hear from you!