To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
- Mitchell Bakies
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Hardware Design Engineer
Compass Tech International • Detroit, MI
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hardware Design Engineer I
Your career awaits!
Company Summary: A highly respected manufacturing company is looking for you, an enthusiastic, and results-driven professional to join their team.
● Competitive benefits package for you and/or your family
● Committed to continuous improvement, encourages open communication challenges and opportunities for your growth.
● Professional and respectful culture, providing you the opportunity to innovate and thrive.
● Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
● Assists in interpreting recommending and implementing customer requirements and specifications for circuit design and development of instrument cluster hardware.
● Assists with the development and various problem solving tasks with suppliers.
● Assists in providing technical support to OEMs for development and various problem solving tasks.
● Conducts design trade-off analysis, and capability studies.
● Conducts a thorough study of vehicle side interface and circuits.
● Assists in interfacing with the customer and internal engineering teams (mechanical and system/software) to define hardware requirements and specifications.
● Examines design feasibility by performing worst case circuit analysis.
● Assists in prepare technical reports, design proposals, functional specifications, and project timelines to customers and leadership.
● Maintains internal and customer related open issues list during development phase.
● Generates diagrams and schematics using circuit design software tools.
● Assists in the design of complex 32 BIT microcontroller unit (MCU) based circuits/systems.
● Assists in the design of complex 32/64 BIT graphic processing unit (GPU) based systems.
● Assists in the design of various SMPS circuits with multiple voltage rails to support system design depending on component selection.
● Supports developing system design sheet based on customer specifications and internal design procedures.
● Assists in preparing component and sub-system level DFMEA documents.
● Designs and builds test switch boxes and harnesses.
● Aids in the design and build of breadboards.
● Completes various rework tasks, software flash programming, and other support activities.
● Maintains Hardware Rework Room equipment inventory, keep equipment tracker updated, calibration record tracker updated, ensure there are enough raw materials (solder, flux, wiring, switches, resistors, caps, etc.), and keep everything organized.
● Analyzes customer validation documents, develops test plans for electrical and EMC testing, supports DVP & R document creation, and coordinates validation schedule with appropriate parties.
● Conducts vehicle level electrical functional test, and reports findings to hardware leadership and customer.
● Provides status updates on project activities and progress to hardware supervisor, manager, and fellow Hardware Engineers.
● Conducts component and process cost reduction studies.
● Completes tear-down analysis of competitor’s parts, documents design details, and makes presentation.
● Analyzes warranty return issues and implement necessary design changes in coordination other Hardware Engineers.
● Assists in the completion electrical studies and all documentation for RFQ activities to obtain new business.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Hardware Design Engineer I
● Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering
● Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
● 2+ years of experience in the electrical engineering field.
● Work requires the ability to aid in the design electrical hardware and printed circuit boards.
● Work requires the ability to aid in the creation EMC/Electrical designs/32 BIT based MCU systems.
● Work requires knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board assembly process.
● Work requires the ability to use hardware schematic capture software (such as Zuken).
● Work requires the ability to use testing tools such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supply, digital multimeter, and ARB waveform FCN generator to test hardware functionality.
● Work requires knowledge of tolerance and worst case analysis methodologies.
● Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
● Work requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.