To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1450 Marlton Pike East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
- Kesha Martinez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Spring Hills Senior Communities • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call off procedures.
- Adheres to monthly recreational calendar and conducts various activities at the director of the Director of Recreational Services.
- Encourages resident participation in programs and activities.
- Maintains a record of residents’ daily activity participation in scheduled & unscheduled activities.
- Maintains general observation of residents and shares appropriate information with staff.
- Follows departmental budget guidelines.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Respects the dignity of and encourages the independence of all residents.
- Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abides by all health and safety regulations.
- Escorts residents on activities away from the property as assigned.
- Assists with the registration of residents for trips and programs.
- Assists in the surveying and interviewing of residents to determine interests, talents and resident satisfaction.
- Maintain resident store (where applicable) by adhering to store hours, conduct transactions with customers, balance cash box at closing, and track inventory for re-stocking.
- Obeys all traffic laws
- Operates vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for multi-passenger and single passenger vehicles.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Adheres to schedule and drives assigned routes.
- Checks bus before and after each operation for mechanical defects and completes pre and post-trip checklist.
- Transports only authorized residents.
- Maintains order on vehicle at all times.
- Reports all accidents to appropriate personnel immediately and completes required forms
- Supervises residents while loading, unloading, and waiting.
- Renders first aid, as appropriate, until emergency medical personnel arrive.
- Notifies the supervisor of any mechanical failure.
- Delivers vehicles to auto shop for repairs and inspections.
- Discharges residents only at authorized stops.
- Loads and unloads baggage, packages, and other items.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any route changes due to road conditions, number of residents transported, and other appropriate information.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hill, LLC
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements For Recreational Assistant
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Standing (over 2/3), walking (over 2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3), reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (over 1/3), stoop, kneel (1/2-2/3), talk or hear (Over 2/3), taste or smell (Over 1/3). Lifting up to 10 pounds (over 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (1/3-2/3); Up to 50 pounds (under 1/3)