To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Analyst-Work From Home
Meridian Staffing Services • Rochester, NY
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsibilities - This person will be responsible for testing of production report content in Cognos, running data queries in Cognos and other business oriented tasks as assigned.
2) Typical Day- Each day will involve running reports and testing output against other production reports and/or data queries, clearly documenting defects and communicating to development team of issues needing to be addressed.
3) Selling Point-We are a tight-knit, goal oriented team that is made of individuals who are highly collaborative, motivated and helpful. The work we do is rewarding as we get to promote new material and content to our external customers, showing the value story of our company (and our team).
4) Skills-Testing, Detail-oriented, Analytical tool knowledge (Cognos preferred) Work from home is preferred with occasional days in office, no overtime anticipated Hours- Flexible, but generally to include core business hours of 9am-3pm, in-office dress is business casual (work-appropriate jeans ok too)
4 month Contract
Summary: Document, identify gaps, and business processes through process mapping to illustrate current and future state.
- Minimum Bachelors degree. Specialization in Business, Finance, Engineering, Science or Math is desirable - 0-2 years experience.
- Experience in most facets of project lifecycle; proficient comprehension of project management methodologies; genuine commitment to project environment and discipline.
- Experience in Information Technology - preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies and processes.
- Knowledgeable on business process modeling, process mapping.
- Capable of writing clear and well-structured business requirements documents.
- Contributes to the development of detailed level process maps to facilitate requirements gathering, gap analysis and for training use.
- Ability to resolve minor conflicts/issues using different tactics for prior to escalation.
- Work with team members to understand the needs of the project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.