To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
32-02 Queens Boulevard
Queens, NY 11101
- Lucas Boz
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance (Qa) Manager
MANA Products Inc. • Queens, NY
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MANA is the world’s leading contract and private label cosmetics manufacturer, creating color cosmetics, skincare and hair care products for the prestige and mass markets for more than 40 years. Rich in legacy, fervent in passion, distinctive in experience, MANA’s industry-leading team of chemists use the latest technologies and state-of-the-art facilities to create and curate the new, from concept to shelf. MANA is FDA- and OTC-Certified. All MANA products are proudly made in the USA.
To effectively direct the daily operations of the Quality Assurance Department through quality leadership to meet compliance initiatives and to ensure finished product and raw material receipts meet company requirements prior to release. Implement statistical process control throughout manufacturing and support the continuous development of cGMP and ISO quality system requirements.
The Quality Assurance Manager interacts with Compounding, Production, Research & Development, Customer Service, Purchasing Dept., Training Coordinators, Warehouse, and the facilities to help facilitate the development, implementation, enhancement, and training for all Quality Systems and Process Improvement programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Quality Assurance.
1. Supervise Quality Assurance personnel in Line Audits and Raw Material inspection.
2. Ensure that documented evidence is provided demonstrating that product meets release criteria.
3. Ensure that safety and hazard practices are understood and followed.
4. Provide leadership in developing and/or enhancing the quality systems in the following areas:
Ø Identification and traceability of components and finished goods.
Ø Equipment and Process Change Control
Ø Support Quality Planning and Continuous Improvement
Ø Production and process controls: implement statistical process control on packaging lines.
Ø Process specifications and monitoring
5. Ensure compatibility between process capability and Finished Product specifications
6. Provide leadership in the identification of and justification for capital needs and improvements in the Indiana facility.
7. Support measurement and reporting of Non-Conformance Quality Costs.
8. Ensure that reporting personnel are trained and qualified to do his / her job by selection, training and evaluation of performance.
9. Support selection and implementation of Quality Management (Data) Systems and Statistical Process Control Systems for the facilities.
10. Assist as required in training of plant personnel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance job this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if any):
Direct Reports: Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Technicians
Indirect Reports: Line Inspectors
Equivalent Education Level Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or related field.
3-5 years Technical Training in Quality and Management.
5-7 Quality and Management experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing under FDA 21 CFR 210, 211, 820, and or ISO experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strong analytical skills and ability to systematically approach problems and develop solutions.
Strong management and leadership skills
Working knowledge of OTC and ISO requirements.
Good verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by ability to generate technical reports.
Working knowledge of Quality tools (i.e., Quality Planning, Quality Costs and Assessment, Basic Statistics, Metrology and Calibration, Inspection and Testing, SPC, Sampling Principles and AQL).
Working knowledge of Problem Solving Tools (i.e., Process Mapping, Risk Analysis, Cause & Effect Diagrams, PDCA, Pareto Analysis, etc.)
Computer Skills and Information Technology (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio or equivalent, statistical software, Database Management).