Intake Coordinator Job Description
Competencies and Skills
1. Customer service orientation
2. Organizational skills
3. Communication skills
4. Attention to detail
6. Positive attitude
7. Problem solving
8. Decision making
10. Integrity and respect
Job Description and Duties
1. Properly document all communication with clients, vendors, doctor’s offices, and client representatives. If it is not documented it did not happen. It is of the utmost importance that we follow up and follow through.
2. Develop positive relationships with nurses, vendors, diagnostic entities, nursing homes, hospitals, government agencies, and most of all, our clients.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and a clean, organized work environment.
4. Ensure proper handling of confidential information. Keep all client documents properly stored, in a safe and secured filing system/database.
5. Attend all assigned meeting and training sessions to improve performance and efficiency.
6. Exhibit excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes communicating with co-workers and outside representatives.
7. The ability to work independently, while showing dependability and adherence to polices rules and regulations.
8. Implement Quality Assurance for all activities we perform.
9. Show initiative and be proactive, including drive and dedication.
10. Must meet and maintain monthly goal requirements. Prioritize your days to meet your quota each month.
11. Responsible for receiving, responding to, and directing client communications, including phone calls, emails, and any other form of interactions.
12. Educates clients and families about available resources and what to expect during their visit or assessment.
13. Properly assess clients by retrieving all needed accurate, detailed information. This means filling out all client paperwork to its full extent and with correct information. Making sure all client paperwork is signed by both parties and all required documents are retrieved from client before turning in to the Office Manager.
14. Travel is expected for this position.
15. Email Office Manager any scheduled client appointments. Must include name, date, time and address.
16. May assist in the coordination of seminars and community outreach activities.
17. Set up and assist with financial help, Medicaid Waiver, and Choice Programs application process through Cicoa Age and Disable.
18. Gathers needed medical information such as doctor records, medication lists, Power of Attorney (POA) and Do Not Recessitate (DNR) paperwork.
19. Perform initial phone screening and coordination for clients seeking assessment or consultation.
20. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
21. Schedule caregivers to open client shifts, making sure client sifts are covered and scheduled correctly.
Part time position will lead to full time position. Working days are two or three days a week starting off.