To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plainville, CT 06062
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Project Assistant
Confidential • Plainville, CT
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A large commercial contractor has immediate opening for project administrative assistant. The Project assistant will work directly with project managers on and off job sites to ensure projects are running smoothly. The project assistant will be responsible for maintaining communication and facilitating project documentation between suppliers, project managers and General Contractors/Construction Managers.
Candidates must have a genuine interest in working in the construction industry and looking for a company in which to grow.
Experience and Skills
• Must be detail oriented with follow up skills
• Must be highly organized and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
• Must have at least 2 years experience in an office support role
• Degree in construction management a plus
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as all are used regularly. Experience with Primavera a plus
• Familiarity with specifications, shop drawings, RFI’s, O&M’s and submittal process a plus
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining electronic and hard copies of project files including RFI’s and submittals in the office and on job sites
• Maintain communication with general contractors and suppliers
• Maintain RFI and submittal logs through Primavera as well as closeout documentation and must be proactive in keeping all up to date as well as regularly updating project managers with statuses
• Creation of operation and maintenance manuals per the job specifications
• Assistance with scheduling start- up and training at project closeout
• Responds to inquiries from department personnel regarding assigned project status