To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6358 Highway 24
Remington, IN 47977
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Systems Developer / Programmer
Schilli Transportation Services, Inc. • Remington, IN
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who We Are: Schilli Transportation Services, a division of The Schilli Companies and subsidiary of Daseke, is dedicated to providing support services to The Schilli Companies and its customers. Our business is built on the belief that listening to our customers and providing them with personalized, high-quality services that meet and exceed their expectations is the key to success. A passion for helping our customers, working together, and maintaining high standards of honesty and dependability have allowed us to enjoy continued prosperity since the formation of our original company, Schilli Motor Lines, in 1961.
Who We Need: Schilli Transportation Services currently has a systems developer position available at our Remington, Indiana office. We are seeking a candidate with prior systems development experience and a desire to advance quickly into management to fill it. The individual in this position will be primarily responsible for supporting the department's clients while progressively mastering the systems, databases, and data flows of our multi-unit, multi-industry organization. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with a day shift schedule (8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday).
The system developer's duties include, but are not limited to, doing and managing others who do the following:
- Becoming familiar with a variety of applications, including programming languages and application development tools
- Consulting with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
- Confering with departmental and project managers to create specifications for corporate projects
- Formulating plan outlining steps required to develop programs
- Developing programs, files, scripts, screens, and reports
- Documenting policies, procedures, and training materials and creating information systems to access these documents and other information
- Training and documenting and / or monitoring training and documentation of systems for employees and business partners as required to ensure appropriate utilization of information systems
- Analyzing, reviewing, and altering programs to increase operating efficiency or adapting to new requirements
Our Offer: In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a complete benefits package to all employees who work an average of at least 30 hours per week for the company that includes:
Paid holiday and vacation time
Health insurance with medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
No-cost lab work and imaging services
Flexible spending account (FSA) for qualified medical and dependent care expenses
Voluntary group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
401(k) retirement account plan
Tuition reimbursement through Truckload Carriers Association scholarship program
Our Ideal Candidate: The best fit for this position will have the following qualifications::
- Associates degree in computer science, data processing, information systems, or similar major required; Bachelor's degree and / or relevant prior work experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience designing and modifying large multi-company, multi-industry systems
- Experience in transportation or warehousing systems is a plus
- Prior knowledge or experience working with IBM Power8 hardware
- Ability to read and understand DDS and DDL
- Fluency in fully free RPG version 3 and SQL
- Fluency in IBM midrange operating system
- Extol knowledge a plus
- Understanding of basic data processing and information system concepts
- Understanding of basic business and accounting processes and concepts
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, and data analysis skills
- Ability to teach, explain, and aid in the research of information with others outside of the IT department
- Capable of working independently, as a team member, and as a team leader
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritize work for self and department to need organizational needs
- Willing and able to quickly learn new information
Able to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception for entire work day
Able to sit upright at assigned workstation for entire work day
Able to write and type for entire work day
Able to listen to and understand verbal communication from others for most of the work day
Able to speak in a way that is understood clearly by others for most of the work day
Visa Sponsorship Statement: Per company policy, Schilli Transportation Services does not sponsor any type of employment visa. We are therefore unable to consider applicants who will require visa sponsorship from the company now or in the future as a condition of employment. Proof of permanent work authorization is required from all new hires on the first day of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Schilli Transportation Services provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, disability, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Schilli Transportation Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at every location where the company operates facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, training, performance evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action, leave of absence, and separation.
Disability Accommodation Statement: Schilli Transportation Services complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of individuals with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to apply to a position with Schilli Transportation Services, or are the representative of a person seeking an accommodation for a disability for the purpose of being able to apply to a position with Schilli Transportation Services, please contact the Human Resources Department.