To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10 Mountain View Drive
Shelton, CT 06484
- Cheryl Patrick
- Phone: 203-924-6617
- Phone:: 203-924-0066
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
ECA • Shelton, CT
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECA’s Vision is to bring passionate people together to work hard, have fun and inspire each other. Just as important to us than skills on a resume, is finding someone who shares our vision and values and can help us develop and implement plans to support our long term growth initiatives.
This is not your typical HR position. In this role you will lead, cultivate and nurture a culture of fun, collaboration and accountability. You will make a difference!
SUMMARY Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and supervisors. Develops and implements programs to align work force and key business initiatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human
resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects associates to fill vacant positions.
• Plans, conducts and participates in new associate orientation to foster positive attitude
toward company goals.
• Oversees the administration of benefits plans participation, personnel transactions and
• Coordinates / identifies organizational training needs
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of associate relations issues.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity
• Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within
• Oversees administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability
insurances, 401(K) plans, PTO, leave of absence, and associate performance.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
• Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
• Creates budget of human resources operations.
• Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Leads the company wide safety program.
• Contracts with outside services to administer HR related functions such as payroll, COBRA
Directly supervises the payroll administration position. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience..
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS PHR or SPHR preferred
Enthusiastic team player
Exhibit a sense of urgency
Organizational, planning and time management skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to take ownership to seek out answers
Upholds organizational Values
Works in a safer manner
Must be organized, accurate and hands on.