Person Directed Supports
IS HIRING in the Lehigh Valley Area!
New Wage Rates! $13/hr - $15/hr based on experience level
Various shifts available
Walk-In Applicants Welcome
Do you like to have fun?
Looking for a rewarding career within the Human Services Field?
We can help!
Person Directed Supports is now accepting applications for Direct
Support Professionals who will help individuals with intellectual
disabilities lead a happy fulfilling life.
Want to learn more? Stop by and see us at:
1541 ALTA DRIVE
WHITEHALL, PA 18052
As a Direct Support Professional you will assist individuals with daily living activities at the person's home or in a care facility. Duties may include keeping house (making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes) and preparing meals as well as advising families and individuals regarding such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household activities.
Additional responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional include:
- Preparing and maintaining records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor
- Caring for individuals providing companionship, personal care, or help in adjusting to new lifestyles
- Planning, shopping for, or preparing nutritious meals or assisting families in planning, shopping for, or preparing nutritious meals
- Transporting clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
- Instructing or advise clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, or nutrition
This human services role is a great opportunity for dynamic and compassionate individuals who enjoy helping others. Training is provided but there are a few basic requirements that you must meet to qualify.
- Clean criminal record
- Reliable transportation and valid PA license
- High School Diploma/GED