To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6301 Bass Road
Louisville, KY 40059
- Tamika Gidron, RN, Director of Nursing
- Phone: 502-228-8359
- Phone:: 502-228-5469
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Weekend Supervisor ~ $3000 Sign On Bonus
Rivers Edge Nursing & RehabilitationCenter • Louisville, KY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Rivers Edge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a 100 bed health care facility that provides long term care as well as short term rehab. We are located in Prospect, only 10 minutes from downtown Louisville.
We currently have an employment opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RNs) Weekend Supervisor ~ flexible hours ~ 32 hours (Saturday/Sunday) or 24 hours. Rivers Edge is currently offering $2500.00 Sign On Bonus with the first payment paid after 30 days of full time employment.
Please submit your resume through CareerBuilder or contact Tamika Gidron, RN, Director of Nursing at 502-228-8359 to schedule an interview. Join the team that cares - Rivers Edge.
Registered Nurse Supervisor / RN Supervisor /Weekend Supervisor
Purpose of your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the planning, organizing, developing, and directing nursing services in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, within the individual's scope of practice, as applicable, and as may be delegated by the department director or Administrator, to assure that an acceptable degree of quality patient care can be maintained.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform. As UNIT / SHIFT NURSING SUPERVISOR, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability to carry out your designated duties.
- Although your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline as complete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you may be required to perform other non-nurse related duties and activities as directed by the Administrator/designee
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing your unit/shift's activities
- Meet with administration, medical, and nursing staff, as well as other related departments in planning department services, programs, and activities
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to assure that the department services and activities can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients
- Assure that department personnel, patients, visitors, etc. follow established policies and procedures
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, patients, visitors, family members, etc. as necessary
- Visit each patient during your work shift as indicated to assure appropriate patient care is being rendered and make corrections as necessary
- Ensure that department personnel follow patient's rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint
- Assure that patients have a clean, safe, orderly, and comfortable environment
- Assist in the development of and participate in programs designed for unserve education, on-the-job training, and orientation classes for newly assigned department personnel(Includes maintaining appropriate record keeping requirements of when classes were conducted, subject matter, attendance, etc.)
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations
- Meet with department personnel on a regular basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services
- Review and evaluate the department's work force and make recommendations to the department director
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of patient care plans, patient assessments, etc.
- Interview patients or family members as necessary
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and submitting them to the department director as required
- Involve the patient/family in planning objectives and goals for the patient
- Assist in evaluating and assessing medical, social, psychological, spiritual, restorative, and rehabilitative care plans, as well as instructions in self-help
- Assist in determining departmental staffing, employee performance evaluations, and make recommendations to the department director concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations, transfers, etc.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Coordinate Nursing Services with other departments
- Assure that a stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained at adequate levels
- Inspect the nursing services areas and practices on a daily basis to assure compliance with applicable regulations
- Consult with the patient's physician in planning patient care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. and periodically review patient care plans and update as necessary
- Complete required record keeping forms upon patient admission, discharge, transfer, etc.
- Assist in evaluating and implementing recommendations from the facility's committees, e.g.
- Pharmacy, Infection Control, etc.
- Assist in developing nursing care plans for individual patients
- Notify the patient's attending/alternate physician, as well as the patient's legal guardian/ representative, when the patient becomes critically ill, injured, etc. as outlined within our established policies
- Work with the facility's consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as directed by the department director
- Review complaints and grievances and make necessary oral/written reports to the department director
- In cases of death, may call the funeral home as requested by the family, or as otherwise outlined within our established policies
- Evaluate emergencies and determine emergency measures to be used, including the use of restraints
- Make independent decisions regarding nursing care
- Delegate authority, responsibility, and accountability to other responsible unit/shift personnel
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. as approved
- Recommend to the department director the equipment and supply needs of the department
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the department director concerning the operation of the nursing unit/shift
- Assure that the unit/shift area is maintained in a clean and safe manner for patient comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties/services
- Notify physician of accidents; fill out and complete accident/incident report forms
- Start IVs, obtain sputum, urine, or other lab tests as ordered
- Assure that the total nursing needs of patients are met by assuring that sufficient number of nursing personnel are on duty
- Assist in scheduling department working hours, personnel, work assignments, etc. to maintain quality patient care
- Assist in establishing the administration, procedures, and control of medication, etc. as recommended by the pharmacist and pharmacy committee
- Take TPRs, blood pressures, etc. and chart as required
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing your nursing unit/shift
- Assure that nurses' notes are informative and descriptive of the nursing care provided and of the patient's response to the care
- Review the nursing requirements of each patient admitted to the facility, as may be required, and assist the attending physician in planning for the patient's care
- Assure that nursing personnel, to include private duty nurses, follow our established nursing procedures
- Make rounds with attending physician as necessary
- Assist the RN/LPN Hall Nurse and other nursing personnel in performing nursing procedures as necessary
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate as directed by the department director or Administrator
Graduate, as a minimum, of an approved RN school of nursing.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Training in rehabilitative nursing practices is preferred
- Must possess a valid and current license as a registered nurse in the state in which the facility is located
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home operation
- Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the nursing services department
- Maintaining the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintaining the appearance of nursing areas, regular inspection of nursing unit for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and support agencies
- Will be required to lift patients, medical equipment, supplies, etc.)
List any requirement(s) not outlined within this summary that will be necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position:
- RN Unit/Shift Nursing Supervisor may perform other duties that are consistent with the scope of practice of the RN
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas, as well as throughout the nursing service areas
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with patients, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions/circumstances
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, etc.
- Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department supervisors
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, infectious diseases, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position