To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- California - Statewide, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Nurse, Immunization II
Quest Diagnostic Health and Wellness • US-State-CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*PER DIEM NOT FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME*
The primary responsibility of the Immunization Nurse is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings and flu shot clinics are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of administering immunization shots and health screenings, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform biometric health screenings including blood draws with both venipuncture and finger stick methods
- Perform basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
- Administer flu immunization shots (as dictated by state regulations)
- Provide exceptional customer service at all clinics and health screenings.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification (RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional setting.
At Least 1 year of experience administering immunization vaccines (flu shot specific).
- The majority of the events take place Monday through Friday during day-time business hours. Must have some availability during these hours.
- Proficient with finger sticks, venipuncture and manual blood pressure.
- Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
- Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
- Excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Requires use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Handling stress & emotions,
- Concentrating on tasks
- Making decisions,
- Adjusting to change,
- Examining/observing details
- Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
- Position may require occasional travel.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.