To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
500 Walnut Grove Road
Dayton, TN 37321
- HR Recruiter
- Phone: 423-775-3900
- Phone:: 423-452-2012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Team Leader
La-Z-Boy • Dayton, TN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a PM shift position.
Coordinates employee-related programs and benefits, facilitates the resolution of employee relations issues, assists in development of safe workplace and gathers information on worker satisfaction to facilitate employee engagement. Manages the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs by performing the following duties.
· Maintain compliance with all State/Federal laws, rules and regulations that affect the plant. Insures management understanding of employment law requirements.
· Plans and oversees new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
· Conducts investigations and carries out disciplinary actions including terminations according to company policy.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Guide and coach supervision and management in HR-related areas including policy interpretation.
· Responds to employee inquiries, issues and concerns.
· Keeps records and guide the administration of benefits plans such as insurance and pension plan, leaves of absence, employee assistance, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
· Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
· Ensure prompt and accurate Human Resources reporting including departmental performance in HR-related metrics
· Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as canteen or transportation
· Serves as a Business Partner and Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of a Lean Manufacturing environment.
· Coordinates employee assistance, recreational activities, and other employee-related programs. Represent company in community functions.
· Assists in investigation and resolution of employee issues and coordinates processes of responding to complaints.
· Assist in the reduction of absenteeism and turnover through various initiatives and projects. Gather information on general factors that affect worker morale, motivation, and efficiency.
· Assist in development of Affirmative Action Plan
· Assists in the development of a safe workplace
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related area is preferred.
Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, including at least two years in a leadership role
Three years Human Resource experience in a manufacturing facility.
A Masters degree in Human Resource Management or related area is preferred.
SHRM Certification a plus.
Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.