Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center is looking for a Patient Representative for our Imaging and Cabot- Medical clinics. The Patient Representative is responsible for performing general clerical and front desk receptionist duties, as well as, greeting and directing patients and visitors to the practices and services of the health center. The primary tasks of the Patient Representative role include managing and ensuring accurate registration and intake of all patient information as required, collecting, processing and posting fees, responding to account and insurance questions while directing patients to the appropriate outside resource if necessary, obtaining pre-certification authorization when required by the payer, and ensuring each patient and visitor to the health center experiences a high degree of customer service and assistance.
- High school diploma (or the equivalent)
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a medical facility or verifiable experience in a “skilled' business office setting, demonstrated success in communication, customer service or working with the general public
- Previous success in managing difficult patient and/or client situations
- Advanced level understanding of standard computer systems and applications (particularly MS Office) and reasonable keyboard skills
- Verifiable working knowledge of medical terminology and filing systems
- Trainable on specific software for patient information
- Revenue cycle and billing
- Effective problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience using an EMR/EHR system.
- Previous experience in imaging, medical or dental services.
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking ability is a plus!
Electronic Medical Record
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center has been a leader in providing quality, compassionate health care to the Kansas City community for over 40 years. Your health is important to us. We have an experienced and dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and support staff providing medical, dental and behavioral health services to almost 19,000 patients each year. Those patients span in age from infants, children and teens, to adults and seniors, who rely on us to meet their health care needs. We have 8 locations to serve you in the Kansas City region - in the heart of Kansas City, the Northland, Independence, Clay County and in rural Lafayette County.
View the full profile
If you're looking for a medical home, look to us…..the Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center.