To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Intern
The Job Window • Long Beach, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Job Window is looking for a Business Development Intern to join our client’s sales & prospecting team ASAP. This firm is on the hunt for an intern who understands that business development is a combination of strategic analysis, marketing and sales and is eager to grow their professional repertoire in these areas by gaining some real world experience.
Our client will train you in the day to day business development activities taking place at their firm including (but not limited to):
- Identifying new and innovative opportunities to expand our client’s business network
- Engaging and educating consumers at on-site promotional events to promote client’s products, determine if consumers qualify for products, and distribute products to qualified customers.
- Developing and prospecting potential customers & how to create and qualify leads for revenue potential
- Following up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction, and produce reports to identify target markets.
- Acting as the face of client brands in order to increase awareness of products and services to ensure flawless product placement and create a positive brand experience.
- Identifying, planning, scheduling and executing consumer outreach meetings and sales conferences
- Researching and analyzing market trends to identify most profitable business strategies
- Supporting the business development, marketing and sales teams with data finding and administrative support
Desired Skills and Experience of the Retail Sales Representative:
- High School diploma OR GED; college degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail, restaurant/food service, hospitality, brand promotions, field marketing, field sales, retail sales, regional sales and territory development, investment or financial services, merchandising, telecommunications or telesales, residential or door to door sales, and other fields providing front-line customer service and sales support an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Background in sports or other competitive environments, a plus
As a Retail Sales Representative, you must be self-motivated and aggressively driven to succeed, with a commitment to creating the best possible experience for our customers. This will require that you display a positive and enthusiastic personality as well as a willingness to learn all you can about our wide range of products. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and that you are a natural networker who is always willing to pick up the phone and make calls.
If you are looking for a career with endless opportunity and feel you fit the requirements above, submit your resume today!