To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
14040 Santa Fe Trail Drive
Kansas City, KS 66215
- Greg Austin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
SALES ENGINEER MANAGER
Smith & Loveless, Inc. • Kansas City, KS
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plans overall sales coverage of pumping systems, and treatment systems in selected regions. Advise and assist VP, Municipal Sales and Marketing, in establishing sales quota for respective representatives.
- Develop plans for improving reps and regional plans for increasing sales.
- Maintain an open and effective line of communication among the sales representatives, application engineering group, and all internal departments, prompting team effort, mediating differences, and improving interpersonal relationships.
- Direct all bid activity to ensure timely preparation and competitive pricing practices are maintained.
- Provide technical expertise and timely and accurate information to support all sales engineers and representatives in the sale of S&L products. Keep abreast of the latest technology in the industry to keep S&L in the best competitive situation. Schedule and plan for training representatives.
- Work closely with reps to cultivate personnel of key accounts. Assist reps in developing a preference for S&L with the consulting engineers, cities, districts, and contractors. Maximize Company profits by working to position S&L in the best competitive situation at bid time. Assist reps in negotiations to increase order closure rate as necessary.
- Plan immediate and long-term rep requirements. Report to the VP, Municipal Systems, any reps that are not functioning properly. Assist in determining the need for rep cancellation and recommends appropriate replacement.
- Maintain market awareness by keeping abreast of the competition, reporting monthly trends in bidding, orders received, and bid follow up activities, suggest action required to increase Company sales and profitability.
- Assist Manufacturing with forecasting shop load of potential purchase orders and coordinate special projects related to the expediting of special purchase orders. Coordinate with internal departments to set up major projects in a way that positions S&L for success.
- Assist with special projects relating to the operation of the Municipal Sales and Marketing Department (i.e.: trade shows, seminars put out on the web, pump school, grit school, sales-oriented tour of the facilities, etc.).
We provide a smarter way to manage water in a reliable work environment. Along with a competitive base salary and commission our benefits package includes; medical/dental/life/401k/disability and much more.
If you're looking for a well established and stable industry leader along with an opportunity to sell industrial water treatment and transfer equipment built to last, please contact us.
- College degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Electric) or equivalent technical sales experience is REQUIRED.
- A background that includes knowledge of pumping, waste-water treatment, biological treatment systems, headworks, electrical control systems or other capital equipment is preferred.
- Experience in Engineering, working for a Manufacturer, or a Manufacturer's Rep firm, is a plus.
- The ability to work with and communicate with a variety of people in a positive, persuasive and professional manner is critical.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick/Personal Time
- Annual Bonus
- 401K w/Match
Smith & Loveless is located within easy driving distance from anywhere in the metro.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: sales engineer manager, pumps, waste water, wastewater, headworks, treatment