To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Maritime Drive
Manitowoc, WI 54220
- Maggie Garrigan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Associate Accountant
Schenck • Manitowoc, WI
Posted 6 days ago
The Senior Associate Accountant is responsible for applying fundamental accounting practices to support the business needs of clients. This position performs a variety of bookkeeping or basic accounting tasks using clients’ records. The Senior Associate Accountant analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports. This role is expected to comprehend and work according to instruction and apply logical thinking to reach conclusions. This position handles and maintains numerous projects at once and is required to establish and maintain rapport with clients. The Senior Associate Accountant is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team.
A successful Senior Associate Accountant will carry out the principal accountabilities of the position while supporting the vision and intent of The Schenck Way.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
- Use advanced knowledge of accounting assignments to include posting and closing ledgers; and preparing and analyzing accounting documents and reports (financial statements, tax returns, general ledgers, and related reconciliations).
- Prepare tax compliance reports including sales tax reports, payroll tax reports, and year-end tax reports.
- Understand intermediate multi-state income, sales and use, and payroll tax issues.
- Complete complicated and extremely disorganized bookkeeping files.
- Present at Firm workshops in the areas of payroll and small business applications/updates.
- Effectively document work.
- Handle basic correspondence, including notices and disbursements.
- Coordinate and retain accounting and legal records.
- Assist with project work on client site (i.e., interim bookkeeping/payroll assistance).
- Work with confidential client matters.
- Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy.
- Prepare individual income tax returns.
- Review tax compliance reports including sales tax reports, payroll tax reports and year-end tax reports.
- Process and review client payrolls and related disbursements.
- Set up complicated payroll systems on internal payroll software/clients' payroll software.
- Prepare complicated tax compliance reports.
- Process complicated payrolls.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of previous accounting or bookkeeping experience working in a public accounting Firm preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
- Strong knowledge of Firm products and services in the practice area and a working knowledge of products and services in other practice areas.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting, bookkeeping, computerized accounting systems, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Advanced use of software applications such as MS Office, QuickBooks, Sage, and other accounting software.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills. Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of the English language.