To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Walnut Creek, CA
- Andrew Obenrader
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Electronic Design Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Industrial, Manufacturing, Medical Equipment
Engineering, Manufacturing, Warehouse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies expertise in system and board level electronics design while optimizing for device safety, reliability, manufacturability and testability.
- Works as a core team member to design, develop or modify electronics for multiple projects by analyzing appropriate requirement documents.
- Debug and test of hardware using software and hardware tools as needed.
- Creates technical documents including but not limited to: design inputs/requirements, design plans, component specifications, design specifications and technical protocols/reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Products design reviews and other related technical reviews.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Leads pre-development projects and provide effort estimate and feasibility report.
- Reports project progress, issues and risks to supervisors.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art of technologies to ensure safety and quality of Fresenius products.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Audits and mentors junior engineers’ work quality.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Review and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Desk Job/computers, lab work. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Electrical Engineering.; Advanced Degree desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience; or Master’s degree with minimum of 3 years of experience; or a PhD without experience
- Solid understanding of principles, theories and concepts in the electrical engineering field, preferably in the medical device area.
- Proven ability to develop complete hardware solutions to a wide range of difficult electrical engineering problems.
- Experience in every aspect of hardware development, from design concept, through schematic design entry, circuit simulation, PCB layout, board bring-up, troubleshooting and release to manufacturing.
- Experience with digital and/or analog (sensors, data acquisition, power systems) design.
- Experience with schematic and PCB design tools.
- Experience with microprocessor/microcontroller and/or FPGA based digital design
- FPGA design using Verilog or VHDL development languages and associated design software and simulation tools is a plus
- Experience with SPICE analog simulation a plus.
- Experience in high speed digital design/ impedance control applied to printed circuit board and cabling technology.
- Experience with the printed circuit board manufacturing process in effectively applying DFM and DFT.
- Experience in use of tools to test and troubleshoot electrical circuit boards such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer and chipscopes.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and energetic. Passion for creating high quality medical device hardware.
- Ability to work effectively on a team or individually with minimal supervision.
- Experience in investigational analysis methods such as DFMEA, Design of Experiments a plus.
- Applies statistical methods in evaluating and determining design parameters/limits.
- Familiarity with IPC standards and the IEC 60601 family of safety standards a plus.
Job ID: 17000OPW
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.